Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default New Electronics Company

I set up a business bank account for my electronics business about 6
months ago
so far I have been delayed in 'doing' anything electronic and seeing
as I am paying £29 per month for the bank account, I have become
overdrawn, not having paid in a cheque from a customer due to not
going out selling and educating people about new technology

I plan to sell electronic kits in my local community, which is 90%+
Muslim, and anyone who gets the bug will become a prospective employee
the first job available is a Solderer working up to 15 hours per week

I studied for a Honours Degree in Electronic and Information
Engineering from 1987 to 1991, only passing 2 years
I was the best Computer Programmer on the course and strong at Digital
Electronics and Logic Gates

Today, I bought a USB Experimenter Board, and I have tested it and
have a few ideas for USB devices for the future
it is an exciting time and reminds me of catching the bug when I was
aged about 7 or 8 and was given a battery, crocodile clips and a bulb
by a boyfriend of one of my sisters
I have just turned 40 and been self-employed since age 23, at which
age I worked on a kibbutz in Galilee, Israel

if you have heard of Feng Shui, then we could be selling my first
product, that I will go about developing tomorrow, to everyone in
China as a branded product and also to any householder who gets into
Feng Shui
I suppose I should have applied for a patent before I gave you that
snippet of news but I will be looking for help from you, whether you
are a beginner, expert or a good salesman
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:45:55 -0800 (PST) messianic light
wrote in Message id:
:

I set up a businessSLAP

Yeah, Thanks for multi-posting that in FOUR different groups that I
subscribe to, ****face. I hope you go bankrupt and are forced to live in a
cardboard box.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in Message id:
:

I set up a businessSLAP

Yeah, Thanks for multi-posting that in FOUR different groups that I
subscribe to, ****face. I hope you go bankrupt and are forced to live in a
cardboard box.

errr.... ummmm... Why do you read google gropers' postings?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ramsey Kits www.ramseykits.com is much better.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mr. Cuhulin,

Thanks for that Ramsey link. Never heard of these folks before reading your
post. Interesting site.

By the way I've wanted an oscilloscope for many years but the need for one
has been occasional at best, and they are a bit pricey, not to mention that
I'm tighter than two coats of paint. Ramsey has a Velleman product that
purports to let one use a laptop display as an oscilloscope via the
computer's USB ports as facilitated by the special software the device comes
with. Does anyone who frequents this newsgroup use such a product? If so
would you recommend it?

wrote in message
Ramsey Kits www.ramseykits.com is much better.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

By the way I've wanted an oscilloscope for many years but the need for one
has been occasional at best, and they are a bit pricey, not to mention
that I'm tighter than two coats of paint. Ramsey has a Velleman product
that purports to let one use a laptop display as an oscilloscope via the
computer's USB ports as facilitated by the special software the device
comes with. Does anyone who frequents this newsgroup use such a product?
If so would you recommend it?

Don't bother. Real oscilloscopes are a dime a dozen. If you just need one
for occasional hobby use, you can probably find a nice 20 MHz solid state
scope on ebay for under 50 bucks, maybe much less.

If you decide to upgrade down the road, the Tektronix 465B is the gold
standard of analog scopes, they're aging, but still excellent and can be had
for a under $200. 100MHz bandwidth, dual trace, delayed sweep, X-Y mode,
pretty much anything you could want.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

James Sweet wrote:

snip

Real oscilloscopes are a dime a dozen. If you just need one
for occasional hobby use, you can probably find a nice 20 MHz solid state
scope on ebay for under 50 bucks, maybe much less.

Wow, I probably should check prices occasionally; about six months
ago I searched for 20 MHz dual trace scopes and found sales in the
$200 - $300 range. Not currently important as I am using a Tek 7603.

If you decide to upgrade down the road, the Tektronix 465B is the gold
standard of analog scopes, they're aging, but still excellent and can be had
for a under $200. 100MHz bandwidth, dual trace, delayed sweep, X-Y mode,
pretty much anything you could want.

Again, last time I checked prices were _much_ higher.

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you decide to upgrade down the road, the Tektronix 465B is the gold
standard of analog scopes, they're aging, but still excellent and can be
had for a under $200. 100MHz bandwidth, dual trace, delayed sweep, X-Y
mode, pretty much anything you could want.

Again, last time I checked prices were _much_ higher.

I bought my 465B on ebay 6 years ago for $250, I've seen them go for
$150-$200 quite a few times since then, I haven't looked in the last 2
years, perhaps they're getting scarce? New scopes are $$$ but used are
cheap.

I just checked ebay, there's dozens of 465B scopes, several with BIN prices
under $200 and many sitting around with no bids for much less. Cheap
no-namers should be much cheaper.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:50:29 GMT "James Sweet"
wrote in Message id: FEOlj.11163$YH6.4854@trndny03:

[...]

I always advocated for the 465 as well, but after having used the 24X5
scopes found them to be quite a bit better. Having two extra channels
doesn't hurt either. A used 2445 can be had for around $400 AND you get a
warranty.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I always advocated for the 465 as well, but after having used the 24X5
scopes found them to be quite a bit better. Having two extra channels
doesn't hurt either. A used 2445 can be had for around $400 AND you get a
warranty.

In this case I think even the 465 would be overkill. It sounds like he needs
something really basic to learn his way around a scope, there's no sense in
spending a lot of money, even a cheap used scope will usually be better than
those PC based things.