Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default New Electronics Company

James Sweet wrote:

snip

Real oscilloscopes are a dime a dozen. If you just need one
for occasional hobby use, you can probably find a nice 20 MHz solid state
scope on ebay for under 50 bucks, maybe much less.

Wow, I probably should check prices occasionally; about six months
ago I searched for 20 MHz dual trace scopes and found sales in the
$200 - $300 range. Not currently important as I am using a Tek 7603.

If you decide to upgrade down the road, the Tektronix 465B is the gold
standard of analog scopes, they're aging, but still excellent and can be had
for a under $200. 100MHz bandwidth, dual trace, delayed sweep, X-Y mode,
pretty much anything you could want.

Again, last time I checked prices were _much_ higher.

Michael