Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tesoro Tejon metal detector , search coil

One of those jobs I now wish I hadn't taken on.
Intermittant problem with angle of the search coil, cable sheath cracked at
the entry point to the search coil housing , so assumed broken wire within.
No, now having Dremmel plus ball-mill excavated down through the epoxy, the
copper wire of the search coil going to the green wire exposed and the same
for the red, continuity to the multistrand wires from each of those.
But no continuity between the exposed copper wires, even with an RLC meter ,
just in case a C in there.
Any ideas where the break is likely to be or how to zero in ?
500 GBP cost so worth spending some more time on it

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

,
just in case a C in there.
Any ideas where the break is likely to be or how to zero in ?
500 GBP cost so worth spending some more time on it

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

At least there is plenty of talc filler in the epoxy, so easy to excavate.
Looks as though it is 2 hanks of 3x6 turns of 0.02 inch wire.
Laid out as 2x D shapes with the flat parts bowed a bit and overlapping at
the junctions of the straight and curved parts of the D and the join has
failed at one end or the other.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Stud and metal detector that works asalcedo UK diy 1 October 24th 07 03:02 PM
METAL DETECTOR J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 04:39 AM
Metal detector search [email protected] Woodworking 6 March 28th 07 02:11 PM
METAL DETECTOR J T Woodworking 0 May 8th 05 10:55 PM
Laser Scout , Metal detector N Cook Electronics Repair 0 October 16th 04 09:52 AM