Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Resistor colour code problem

I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2
photos of it at

http://www.uuuu.co.uk/resistor/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Julian
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 31, 11:31*am, wrote:
I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2
photos of it at

http://www.uuuu.co.uk/resistor/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Julian

Probably 2.2ohm 1/4 watt red 2, red 2, silver 10% gold 5%
(tolerance) it acts like a fuse. Better check for a short after that
or you'll be burning those as fast as you can replace them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Floyd Gilmour" wrote in message
On Dec 31, 11:31 am, wrote:
I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2
photos of it at

http://www.uuuu.co.uk/resistor/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Julian

Probably 2.2ohm 1/4 watt red 2, red 2, silver 10% gold 5%
(tolerance) it acts like a fuse. Better check for a short after that
or you'll be burning those as fast as you can replace them.

I think the value is lower than that. Silver as a multiplier is x.01, so
probably 0.22 ohms at 5% tolerance.

Have a look at

http://www.dc-daylight.ltd.uk/Valve-...our-Codes.html

which should confirm it. I would agree, however, that there is probably
something else wrong, for the resistor to have failed like this. If it is an
output transistor emitter resistor, then the transistor it is connected to,
as well as possibly others in the vicinity, is almost certainly fried.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2
photos of it at

http://www.uuuu.co.uk/resistor/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Julian

..22 ohms, 5% ?

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2
photos of it at

http://www.uuuu.co.uk/resistor/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Julian

http://www.dannyg.com/examples/res2/resistor.htm

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:15:33 -0500, Jamie
t wrote:

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

He's the kind of guy who would pat you on the back in front of your
face, and

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Maybe the R's are still good (even tho' overheated)
If I am correct, most resistors would fail Open-Circuit.

Perhaps a Low Value Ohmmeter will be able to give insight into the value.