Scottie

Default Sony Colour Television Problem

Any assistance is greatly recieved. I have a 21" sony colour TV that is
about 8 years old. Model KV-M2151V. The picture from the television has
turned into Black and White only. The teletext and on screen menus apear in
colour. Having looked through the newsgroups, it seems that dry joints,
oscillator trimmer capacitor, crystal could be the problem. I have a lot of
general electroinics experience, but not in repairing TVs. Any pointers as
to where to look on the PCBs or which components to check would be
apreciated.

Sofie

Scottie:
You have already answered your own question.....
Yes, your research into the possible causes for the problem with your Sony
Television is yielding the probably things that you should look for and
check in to.
You have specifically identified the areas of the circuitry and specific
components that you should focus your attention on. Add to that list. the
delay line, which will be in the same area of circuitry as the other parts
that you mentioned. Inspecting for and re-soldering cracked, cold and
otherwise faulty solder connections should be the first priority.
Happy troubleshooting and good luck.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Scottie" wrote in message
Any assistance is greatly recieved. I have a 21" sony colour TV that is
about 8 years old. Model KV-M2151V. The picture from the television has
turned into Black and White only. The teletext and on screen menus apear

in
colour. Having looked through the newsgroups, it seems that dry joints,
oscillator trimmer capacitor, crystal could be the problem. I have a lot

of
general electroinics experience, but not in repairing TVs. Any pointers as
to where to look on the PCBs or which components to check would be
apreciated.

Scottie

Thanks for the reply, but my question was also where do I look and which
components. I haven't experience of TV repair, just general electronics. TV
circuits can be large and finding the offending component without knowing
where to look, without circuit diagrams, manuals etc may take me a while.
Any hints such as capacitor 123 on board Y would help.
Cheers

"Scottie" wrote in message
Any assistance is greatly recieved. I have a 21" sony colour TV that is
about 8 years old. Model KV-M2151V. The picture from the television has
turned into Black and White only. The teletext and on screen menus

apear
in
colour. Having looked through the newsgroups, it seems that dry joints,
oscillator trimmer capacitor, crystal could be the problem. I have a lot

of
general electroinics experience, but not in repairing TVs. Any pointers

as
to where to look on the PCBs or which components to check would be
apreciated.

Sofie

"Scottie" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, but my question was also where do I look and which
components. I haven't experience of TV repair, just general electronics.

TV
circuits can be large and finding the offending component without knowing

Scottie: