Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jay Jay is offline

Default Refrigerator getting warming then fixes itself.

For the last week our refrigerator/freezer was getting successively
warmer each day. I looked
on line and thought it may be the defrost timer/thermostat. I open up
the back panel (side-by-side Frigidaire )
and saw that there was no frost build up on the coils. We had a guy
from G&G appliance come in and he
QUICKLY determined that there was a leak in the system or a
restriction in the condenser. He said to junk it, it would be to
costly to fix.

However the next day (today) it is back to normal. The freezer is ice-
cold again and the fridge is cold.

I called the guy back and he said that if there was a leak, moisture
could have gotten into the condenser and caused
the restriction. Once it warmed up enough the moisture freed itself
and the fridge must have started to work again.
He still stood by his decision to junk the fridge and that there is
still a leak that could come back in 1 week or 6 mos.

My question is, if there is a leak, how could it have fixed itself and
cooled itself back off... wouldn't the refrigerant have dissipated?
Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to get a new one!

Instant Fixes & Service Manuals Billy L Jones Electronics Repair 2 August 26th 07 04:06 AM
Who fixes this? AE Todd Home Repair 5 May 15th 07 03:08 PM
Possible Fixes for Hardwood Floor Hump. Shelfish Home Repair 4 January 28th 07 05:58 AM
Roof leak Temporary fixes bee man Home Repair 18 December 21st 05 04:21 PM
Laptop motherboard fixes with pressure Dr. Anton T. Squeegee Electronics Repair 16 June 2nd 05 04:21 AM