Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crosley TV Weird Problem

Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit. The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=100_1733.jpg

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue screen,
it comes in normal.
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=100_1737.jpg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 5, 8:50 pm, Chas wrote:
Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit.

The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:http://

s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue

screen,
it comes in normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?

action=view&current=...

My guess is bad cap in the sync separator section. The set loses sync
lock in black as the signal amplitude is smallest when black.
Schematic would help a lot. The actual part cost is around a dime.
Unfortunately the tools and education to actually do it costs somewhat
more.

GG
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

I presume the tele is only acting as a monitor for what the satellite
receiver is tuning in, correct. IMHO the problem maybe in the satellite
receiver tather than the tele.?? Since swithing form one sat to another
mitigates the problem, per you original post.
wrote in message
On Dec 5, 8:50 pm, Chas wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Dec 6, 5:50 am, Chas wrote:
Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit. The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...=view&current=...

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue screen,
it comes in normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...=view&current=...

this could be tuning drift? especially if the satellite decoder is
connected via Av input.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 6, 11:59 am, b wrote:
On Dec 6, 5:50 am, Chas wrote:

Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit.

The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or

during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:http://

s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue

screen,
it comes in normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/

rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

this could be tuning drift? especially if the satellite decoder is
connected via Av input.

If he has another TV to try, it would rule the sat receiver good/bad
pretty quick. I still vote for the cap in the TV. You can see the
Horizontal has lost lock in the photo.

GG

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No I have tested the Satellite Receiver with another tv, it works
fine. I was referring to when the blue screen came up. Anyway, I am
putting up with it for now. I am supposedly getting a schematic soon,
so we'll see.

Weird RCA TV Problem Brad Electronics Repair 1 November 20th 07 01:26 AM
Weird A/C problem Tommy G Home Repair 6 August 5th 05 12:38 AM
crosley gas stove problem tempus fugit Electronics Repair 2 June 19th 05 06:19 PM
Weird TV problem Sm704 Electronics Repair 4 March 29th 05 11:10 PM
Crosley Tv Vince and Marge Electronics Repair 0 October 28th 04 02:14 AM