DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Crosley TV Weird Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/224874-crosley-tv-weird-problem.html)

Chas[_2_] December 6th 07 04:50 AM

Crosley TV Weird Problem

Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit. The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=100_1733.jpg

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue screen,
it comes in normal.
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=100_1737.jpg

[email protected] December 6th 07 05:47 AM

Crosley TV Weird Problem

On Dec 5, 8:50 pm, Chas wrote:
Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit.

The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:http://

s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue

screen,
it comes in normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?

action=view&current=...

My guess is bad cap in the sync separator section. The set loses sync
lock in black as the signal amplitude is smallest when black.
Schematic would help a lot. The actual part cost is around a dime.
Unfortunately the tools and education to actually do it costs somewhat
more.

GG

Art December 6th 07 12:34 PM

Crosley TV Weird Problem

I presume the tele is only acting as a monitor for what the satellite
receiver is tuning in, correct. IMHO the problem maybe in the satellite
receiver tather than the tele.?? Since swithing form one sat to another
mitigates the problem, per you original post.

b December 6th 07 07:59 PM

Crosley TV Weird Problem

On Dec 6, 5:50 am, Chas wrote:
Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit. The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...=view&current=...

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue screen,
it comes in normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...=view&current=...

this could be tuning drift? especially if the satellite decoder is
connected via Av input.

[email protected] December 6th 07 08:45 PM

Crosley TV Weird Problem

On Dec 6, 11:59 am, b wrote:
On Dec 6, 5:50 am, Chas wrote:

Hi all.
I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit.

The
problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or

during
some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:http://

s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue

screen,
it comes in normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/

rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

this could be tuning drift? especially if the satellite decoder is
connected via Av input.

If he has another TV to try, it would rule the sat receiver good/bad
pretty quick. I still vote for the cap in the TV. You can see the
Horizontal has lost lock in the photo.

GG

Chas[_2_] December 6th 07 11:17 PM

Crosley TV Weird Problem

No I have tested the Satellite Receiver with another tv, it works
fine. I was referring to when the blue screen came up. Anyway, I am
putting up with it for now. I am supposedly getting a schematic soon,
so we'll see.