Posted to sci.electronics.repair
vey vey is offline

Default Can I test this without applying power?

It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet around it
doesn't make it change.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"vey" wrote in message
It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet

around it
doesn't make it change.

ther maybe a way the experts know
but according to datasheet you would want to apply 8-12 v on pin
one and expect to see output on pin 3 at 2-5v depending on Gauss
applied

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In message , vey
writes
It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet around it
doesn't make it change.

I doubt it, the first page block diagram shows it has an internal
amplifier which would need power to function.
--
Clint Sharp
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

vey wrote:

It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet around it
doesn't make it change.

It won't. It's an IC and needs to be powered.

Graham

Dell Power-on Self Test Audio Error Codes Beloved Leader Electronics Repair 6 July 27th 07 08:39 PM
what is the program software that test the power of of Notebook battery? fixpc Electronics Repair 2 June 11th 06 11:13 AM
Applying wax Barry Lennox Woodworking 22 July 13th 05 12:38 PM
House power - how to test for bad ground? [email protected] Home Ownership 2 January 23rd 05 07:17 PM
Applying a Finish Nick Bratby Woodturning 1 October 16th 03 06:48 PM