DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can I test this without applying power? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/217799-can-i-test-without-applying-power.html)

vey October 17th 07 06:19 PM

Can I test this without applying power?

It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet around it
doesn't make it change.

robb October 17th 07 06:45 PM

"vey" wrote in message
It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet

around it
doesn't make it change.

ther maybe a way the experts know
but according to datasheet you would want to apply 8-12 v on pin
one and expect to see output on pin 3 at 2-5v depending on Gauss
applied

Clint Sharp October 17th 07 09:57 PM

Can I test this without applying power?

In message , vey
writes
It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet around it
doesn't make it change.

I doubt it, the first page block diagram shows it has an internal
amplifier which would need power to function.
--
Clint Sharp

Eeyore October 18th 07 01:00 AM

vey wrote:

It is a hall effect magnetic proximity sensor.
Here is the data sheet:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3528026.html

I tried putting an ohm meter on it, but a moving a magnet around it
doesn't make it change.

It won't. It's an IC and needs to be powered.

Graham