Nick Bratby

Default Applying a Finish

Hi

I need to put a protective coat on a shelf I have installed which has been
painted with Emulsion.

I do not wish to have a gloss Finish and I would like something that isn't
going to turn Yellow after many years, I would like to try something other
than straight Varnish as I believe this may dis-colour.

Any ideas or recommendation, bear in mind that I shall probably be buying
from B&Q or something similar.

Nick

---

Ecnerwal

Matte acrylic, or semi-gloss acrylic, depending on how not glossy you
want. If you have difficulty finding it at the builders supply, try an
artist supply (workable fixative) but it will probably cost less if the
builders supply stocks it. They will generally have gloss and semi-gloos
for sure, matte may or may not be stocked.