Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Parts pricing question.

The Canadian Dollar is close to on par with the US dollar, so why
aren't electronics parts closer in price? I know the suppliers don't
track everyday prices with the dollar, but if I order a 239111 flyback
at Vance baldwin in the USA, it lists at $ 59.99 USD, & it's $ 92.78
Can at Global? A red CRT for an ITC222 52" RCA rear projection, is
almost the exact price USD at Vance, that it is at Global Canadian.
Explain? Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in message
ups.com...
The Canadian Dollar is close to on par with the US dollar, so

why
aren't electronics parts closer in price? I know the suppliers

don't
track everyday prices with the dollar, but if I order a 239111

flyback
at Vance baldwin in the USA, it lists at $ 59.99 USD, & it's $

92.78
Can at Global? A red CRT for an ITC222 52" RCA rear projection,

is
almost the exact price USD at Vance, that it is at Global

Canadian.
Explain? Dani.

My local "Big Name" grocery sells a gallon of PET milk for $5.99
(US dollars) and the "Big Name" Drugstore directly across the
road (approximately 100 yards or 100 meters) sells the same PET
gallon with exact same expiration date for $3.89 (US dollars)
Explain that and i can probably explain your's ?
robb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article . com,
Dani wrote:
The Canadian Dollar is close to on par with the US dollar, so why
aren't electronics parts closer in price? I know the suppliers don't
track everyday prices with the dollar, but if I order a 239111 flyback
at Vance baldwin in the USA, it lists at $ 59.99 USD, & it's $ 92.78
Can at Global? A red CRT for an ITC222 52" RCA rear projection, is
almost the exact price USD at Vance, that it is at Global Canadian.
Explain? Dani.

Everything is sold at what the market can bear - not some magic percentage
figure above manufacturing and distibution cost.

You're probably luckier in Canada than the UK - here most things cost the
same in gbp as they do in US dollars, despite the pound being valued
currently at double the dollar.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"robb" wrote in message

My local "Big Name" grocery sells a gallon of PET milk for

$5.99
(US dollars) and the "Big Name" Drugstore directly across the
road (approximately 100 yards or 100 meters) sells the same PET
gallon with exact same expiration date for $3.89 (US dollars)
Explain that and i can probably explain your's ?
robb

apologies , this is electronics group...

my local "big name" electronics retailer sells a P.O.C. digital
camera for $149.99 (US dollars) and the "big name" office supply
store a couple minutes away sells same P.O.C. digital camera for
$179.99 (US dollars) and the "big name" corner drug store sells
same P.O.C. digital camera for $109.99 (US dollars) ?
Explain that and i may be able to explain your's
rob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in message
ups.com...
The Canadian Dollar is close to on par with the US dollar, so why
aren't electronics parts closer in price? I know the suppliers don't
track everyday prices with the dollar, but if I order a 239111 flyback
at Vance baldwin in the USA, it lists at $ 59.99 USD, & it's $ 92.78
Can at Global? A red CRT for an ITC222 52" RCA rear projection, is
almost the exact price USD at Vance, that it is at Global Canadian.
Explain? Dani.

It is probably the marketing concept of WTMWB.

This is better known in the vernacular as "What the market will bear."

Charlie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The first thing is that the parts were probably bought on inventory before
the dollar changed. The second thing is that importing the parts from the US
to Canada when being a retailer or distributor, involves courier services,
brokerage, and custom's charges.

For example, a box shipped by a major courier, weighing about 10 lbs 12" X
10" X 12" shipped from New York to Toronto can cost about $60 using economy
service. The brokerage will charge about $42 minimum and an average of +0.5%
plus the base brokerage charge after a value of $1000. All items coming in
to Canada have a charge of 6% tax as soon as they are registered at customs.
If the items have classification for duty, there is an additional charge
according to the duty rate for the item.

If the item is an electrical or electronic spare part manufactured in the
US, there is normaly no duty charges before the 6% tax. If the spare part
was manufactured outside of the US coming in to Canada, it can be taxed as
high as 30% + depending on its classification. For most electrical and
electronic parts manufactured outside of the US, the added tax is about 14%.

I can see a flyback or most any part coming in to Canada being about double
the price of that in the US if a dealer imports it for you. If the part was
manufactured outside of the US, it will be fairly expensive. If you bring it
in yourself, you may be able to have it a little cheaper if you can get it
for the dealer's cost. If you pay the retail price, it will probably work
out to the same amount or a little more in the end.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...

Pricing question Joe Woodworking 18 April 27th 07 12:25 PM
Furnace hot surface ignitor pricing question JB Home Repair 22 March 28th 06 08:02 PM
Pricing question. Dick Pewthers Woodworking 5 January 23rd 06 02:03 AM
Tile industry pricing question [email protected] Home Repair 13 September 3rd 05 04:38 PM
LG A/C Repair Parts Question? Bob Mariotti Home Repair 10 May 15th 05 01:38 PM