Default Tile industry pricing question

We recently had tile laid throughout our house & I think the tile
company is trying to rip us off.

We paid for 25% extra tile for breakage, which is standard (actually a
little high).

Now that the tile is installed, they're telling us it's the "industry
standard" to pay for installation of the breakage.

So, for instance, on a 100sqft room ...they're wanting us to pay for
125sqft of installation. Keep in mind, this is for *installation*,
not the actual price of the tile.

That seems crazy to me to pay for 25 feet of installation that didnt
happen.

I've called a few other tile places & they said this is NOT industry
standard. They say if you have a 100sqft room, you pay for 125sqft of
tile & 100sqft of installation.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. Anyone else?

oh. well, im not really sure. I'm still trying to dig up the
original estimate. It was more of an estimate, not an actual contract.
Nothing was signed.

Kyle Boatright

wrote in message
ups.com...
oh. well, im not really sure. I'm still trying to dig up the
original estimate. It was more of an estimate, not an actual contract.
Nothing was signed.

Pay for what you agreed to on the estimate or in your verbal agreements. If
these guys didn't mention the 25% extra labor charge until after the fact,
there is no way you should pay it.

siralfred

It's not tiles that are delivered broken, but broken while cutting on
site. A good tile installer will come and measure, make a complete
layout and know exactly how many full size tiles he needs to complete
the job. Then add 10% for accidental breakage and minor miscalculations.

Tile saw question SteveB Home Repair 9 April 2nd 05 02:17 PM
Ceramic tile question Daniel Home Repair 5 March 9th 05 09:46 PM
PlasPlugs tile cutter?? What a load of pants Ben UK diy 24 April 30th 04 09:54 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Floor tile question PoP UK diy 11 February 14th 04 01:46 AM