Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default splice a new power cord to an HP keyboard

I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.
fjell

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.
fjell

Sure if you can figure out the pinout of the cable, it may be labeled on the
board inside the keyboard. There may be a good reason the cord was chopped
off though.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" writes:

wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.

Sure if you can figure out the pinout of the cable, it may be labeled on the
board inside the keyboard. There may be a good reason the cord was chopped
off though.

Also, make sure it's a line cord - 115 VAC - not from a missing adapter
(though if it is hard-wired, this is unlikely).

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"James Sweet" writes:

wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.

Sure if you can figure out the pinout of the cable, it may be labeled on
the
board inside the keyboard. There may be a good reason the cord was
chopped
off though.

Also, make sure it's a line cord - 115 VAC - not from a missing adapter
(though if it is hard-wired, this is unlikely).

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included
in the

Did I miss something? I thought this was a computer keyboard not a musical
keyboard.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" writes:

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"James Sweet" writes:

wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.

Sure if you can figure out the pinout of the cable, it may be labeled on
the
board inside the keyboard. There may be a good reason the cord was
chopped
off though.

Also, make sure it's a line cord - 115 VAC - not from a missing adapter
(though if it is hard-wired, this is unlikely).

Did I miss something? I thought this was a computer keyboard not a musical
keyboard.

No, probably not. Just not paying attention. That happens sometimes.....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Just imagine, some guy taking a PC keyboard and hooking it up to 115v (or in
sa, 240v).
That would be interesting. More interesting if it is still plugged into his
PC at the time. ;-)

Did I miss something? I thought this was a computer keyboard not a
musical
keyboard.

No, probably not. Just not paying attention. That happens
sometimes.....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 9, 7:25 pm, wrote:
I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.
fjell

Can't you ****ing idiots learn how to use Google?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 13, 10:45 am, "Peter K" wrote:
Just imagine, some guy taking a PC keyboard and hooking it up to 115v (or in
sa, 240v).
That would be interesting. More interesting if it is still plugged into his
PC at the time. ;-)

Did I miss something? I thought this was a computer keyboard not a
musical
keyboard.

No, probably not. Just not paying attention. That happens
sometimes.....- Hide quoted text -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTW7vEKMiqs

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Man, I gotta try that.
with 240v in South Africa, it ought to be even more fantastic. (Maybe I will
try on a 3 Phase Supply [400v])
P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTW7vEKMiqs

"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Lynn" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 9, 7:25 pm, wrote:
I bought a used HP keyboard at a yard sale to replace the one I'm
using now. it has a small pig tail where the input cord was chopped
off and I would like to splice an input cord from an old keyboard in
my junk box to this HP.
Can it be done and will a good splice fix it so it will work?
Thank you for your time.
fjell

Can't you ****ing idiots learn how to use Google?

Typically people say "Use Google" when you are looking for eaisly available
info on the web. Although rewiring a keyboard may be common knowledge to
anyone who works on electronics, it is not exactly something you would find
on google eaisly.

Now lets say someone says.. "Post a color code chart for resistor values."
Then I would tell the person to Google.