Posted to uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital out from a CD player with no digital out?

Hi,

I've got a Technics SL-PD688 CD Changer and I would like to extract a
digital audio signal from it to feed into a external DAC. The DAC has
a digital coax input.

Has anyone done this with a CD player that does not come with a
digital out option? Do I just need to find the input to the internal
DAC and tap a signal off from there or is it more difficult than
that?

John.

Posted to uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

If you are asking this, I do not think you are up to it. What you
need is the service manual and schematic. From those, you can
determine what signal format is used as input to the OSF/DAC chip(s).
There's only a small possibility that it is in S/PDIF format, so you
will then have to convert it and buffer it for output. If you are
extremely lucky, all you need is a buffer and/or transformer.

Frankly, I do not think the effort is warranted for this one.

Kal