Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default need source of sprague powerlytic 1600 uf 200vdc cap

I am working on my daughters Marantz 1977 player piano. I've got some ac
type buzz in the 170 volt dc solenoids. I figure that the filter cap is bad
(Sprague suggests 1000 hour life span, so 1977 to 2007 that's 30 years, so
1000 divided by 30 = 33 hours per year,, bet its got more then that, not to
mention just the drying effects of age!!!) I've tried to find them, new, but
can seem to get the internet to work for me today.... So what vendors would
you all suggest?????

here are the details of the cap

Sprague
powerlytic
36d
16000-200dc
7834l 3104
made in the USA.

I am guessing that 78341 is a date code, Interesting that the sales slip on
the piano is 1977....

Thanks in advance
Bob in phx.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The 1000 hour lifespan refers to high-temperature operation, not "normal"
use.

Try DigiKey, Allied, MCM, etc.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

thank you sir.... I must have mis-read the specs....

Since I have hum and since the cap is 30 years old, I am going to replace it
anyway.... again thanks.

bob in phx.
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
The 1000 hour lifespan refers to high-temperature operation, not "normal"
use.

Try DigiKey, Allied, MCM, etc.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
[...]

Sprague is now a division of Vishay. The 36D series of capacitor has changed,
so you will just have to search for capacitors having the same (or close) value
and physical size. The DC voltage spec is critical... get one that has at least
200V rating. If this capacitor is only used to filter the supply for solenoids,
then you might be able to skimp on the capacitance.. maybe 20% - 30% lower than
the 16000 uFd value.
Make sure you're sitting when you look at the price of these units.. they're
not cheap!!!

www.mouser.com
www.digikey.com
www.alliedelec.com
are good sites to start with.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The DC voltage spec is critical... get one that has
at least a 200V rating.

But don't go over 200V, unless you have no choice.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

found them at allied electronics and placed the order today... should be
here sometime next week.

bob in phx.

thanks for all the help!!!!
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
The DC voltage spec is critical... get one that has
at least a 200V rating.

But don't go over 200V, unless you have no choice.

Sprague TEL-OHMIKE Model TO-4 Capacitor-Resistor Analyze [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 May 14th 07 02:13 PM
Heath AA-1600 amplifier problem Richard Rasker Electronics Repair 9 November 23rd 06 11:39 AM
ryobi 1600 sander Toller Woodworking 5 September 3rd 05 10:10 PM
Ryboi WDS-1600 Richard Woodworking 3 August 18th 05 08:04 PM
HP Ergo 1600 monitor schematic? John Mackesy Electronics Repair 0 May 12th 05 05:31 AM