Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Iron turns off power :(

Just wondering why this might be, faulty iron, ect. Does not seem to
be a lot of things on at the time, maybe My TV, PC and Fride being the
main things and a few things with LCDs.

Do you think its the fuesebox or the iron and if the fusebox how fix
it ??

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Obsidion Obsidion@ wrote in news:rsm2b3t0j9o9so02tagv4omv8rj667cacp@
4ax.com:

Just wondering why this might be, faulty iron, ect. Does not seem to
be a lot of things on at the time, maybe My TV, PC and Fride being the
main things and a few things with LCDs.

Do you think its the fuesebox or the iron and if the fusebox how fix
it ??

Thanks.

Try plugging a standard 60W light bulb in to the outlet. A 60W bulb will
draw about twice the current as a standard iron, so if the circuit blows
it's overloaded. Move some stuff off and/or call an electrician.

If the light bulb does not blow the breaker, it's the iron. Replace it.

Puckdropper

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

Obsidion Obsidion@ wrote in news:rsm2b3t0j9o9so02tagv4omv8rj667cacp@
4ax.com:

Just wondering why this might be, faulty iron, ect. Does not seem to
be a lot of things on at the time, maybe My TV, PC and Fride being the
main things and a few things with LCDs.

Do you think its the fuesebox or the iron and if the fusebox how fix
it ??

Thanks.

Try plugging a standard 60W light bulb in to the outlet. A 60W bulb will
draw about twice the current as a standard iron, so if the circuit blows
it's overloaded. Move some stuff off and/or call an electrician.

If the light bulb does not blow the breaker, it's the iron. Replace it.

Puckdropper

Wait a second, here, are we talking soldering iron or clothes iron? I
think a clothes iron that drew 30 watts would be a little slow. OP?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 02 Aug 2007 04:58:27 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

Obsidion Obsidion@ wrote in news:rsm2b3t0j9o9so02tagv4omv8rj667cacp@
4ax.com:

Just wondering why this might be, faulty iron, ect. Does not seem to
be a lot of things on at the time, maybe My TV, PC and Fride being the
main things and a few things with LCDs.

Do you think its the fuesebox or the iron and if the fusebox how fix
it ??

Thanks.

Try plugging a standard 60W light bulb in to the outlet. A 60W bulb will
draw about twice the current as a standard iron, so if the circuit blows
it's overloaded. Move some stuff off and/or call an electrician.

If the light bulb does not blow the breaker, it's the iron. Replace it.

Puckdropper

I think the OP was talking about a cloths iron, not a soldering iron.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Obsidion
Obsidion@ says...
Just wondering why this might be, faulty iron, ect. Does not seem to
be a lot of things on at the time, maybe My TV, PC and Fride being the
main things and a few things with LCDs.

Do you think its the fuesebox or the iron and if the fusebox how fix
it ??

A clothes iron will typically be 1000-1500W. That is pretty much near
the capacity of a typical 15A circuit (assuming USA.) Do all the other
items also go dead? If so, you have too many items on one circuit. A
refrigerator takes quite a bit of power, too, as do many newer PC's.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross