Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung 226BW - fly inside panel

Hello

I'm writting to this group becouse I really need help. I bought my LCD
panel (samsung 226BW) something like 1 mounth ago and it was working
quite good till last friday when I found small fly going around the
screen. On the beggining I thought that it some king of virus, but it
wasn't . For now I know that it is real small fly/bug and it's
living for the last 3days on the backlight of my panel.

Bellow link to youtoube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJrEjjQsFY

If someone ever have this kind of problem and found solution then
please share with me.

thank you in advance
regards
Gorgo

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you know what you are doing, you can take the monitor apart and clean out
the fly. Or better, find out who does the warranty service in your area,
and take the monitor over to them to get the fly out. Most likely they will
charge for this type of fix, because this is not a fault of the manufacture.

I once saw a case where a very tiny spider got inside of a camera view
finder, and actually made some webbing!

--

JANA
_____

"Gorgo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hello

I'm writting to this group becouse I really need help. I bought my LCD
panel (samsung 226BW) something like 1 mounth ago and it was working
quite good till last friday when I found small fly going around the
screen. On the beggining I thought that it some king of virus, but it
wasn't . For now I know that it is real small fly/bug and it's
living for the last 3days on the backlight of my panel.

Bellow link to youtoube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJrEjjQsFY

If someone ever have this kind of problem and found solution then
please share with me.

thank you in advance
regards
Gorgo

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geo Geo is offline

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:12:36 -0000, Gorgo wrote:

I'm writting to this group becouse I really need help. I bought my LCD
panel (samsung 226BW) something like 1 mounth ago and it was working
quite good till last friday when I found small fly going around the
screen. On the beggining I thought that it some king of virus, but it
wasn't . For now I know that it is real small fly/bug and it's
living for the last 3days on the backlight of my panel.

I had one last year - switched off the monitor so no backlight and shone bright
light round the back of the unit through ventilation holes overnight - bug had
departed by the morning.

Geo