Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Akai CTV 284 NTF

Hi there

Am staying with relatives in France who have a problem with their Akai
television. It's a CRT rather than flatscreen, and apparently has had
the problem since set-up.

The picture overpans so that, irrespective of whether the TV is set to
4:3 or 16:9, the TV appears to be in 'zoom' mode even though there is
no zoom mode listed. Thus the contents of the screen far left and far
right are 'off screen', which is hugely infuriating when trying to use
DVD menus etc.

Does anyone have any cures or any thoughts? Or better still, a User
Manual....!!

Cheers

Mark

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 04:34:24 -0700, mark.thomas wrote:

Hi there

Am staying with relatives in France who have a problem with their Akai
television. It's a CRT rather than flatscreen, and apparently has had
the problem since set-up.

The picture overpans so that, irrespective of whether the TV is set to
4:3 or 16:9, the TV appears to be in 'zoom' mode even though there is
no zoom mode listed. Thus the contents of the screen far left and far
right are 'off screen', which is hugely infuriating when trying to use
DVD menus etc.

Does anyone have any cures or any thoughts? Or better still, a User
Manual....!!

Cheers

Is there a zoom or format button on the remote control?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No, no zoom or format button.

In the menu option there is a Picture Adjustment option which allows
4:3 or 16:9, but the picture appears 'zoomed'. I have a Sony WEGA tv
at home that has a zoom function, and the effect is exactly as if I've
zoomed the pic at home.

I wonder whether it's a configuration option (or whether I should find
a feature that allows me to restore factory settings??)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:40:09 -0700, mark.thomas wrote:

No, no zoom or format button.

In the menu option there is a Picture Adjustment option which allows
4:3 or 16:9, but the picture appears 'zoomed'. I have a Sony WEGA tv
at home that has a zoom function, and the effect is exactly as if I've
zoomed the pic at home.

I wonder whether it's a configuration option (or whether I should find
a feature that allows me to restore factory settings??)

Find a restore feature if available.

Akai amp Am-U04 Patt Electronics Repair 1 July 10th 07 09:34 AM
akai amp Patt Electronics Repair 2 July 5th 07 03:03 PM
Akai am u04 Patt Electronics Repair 1 June 23rd 07 11:06 PM
Akai TV probs Greg Electronics Repair 3 January 31st 05 09:08 PM
Akai TV probs Greg UK diy 3 January 31st 05 09:08 PM