Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repair on HTC Wizard, (T-Mobile MDA, Cingular 8125, K-Jam erc)

My Wizard has a slight pinkishness on a felt strip by the SIM. In trying
to wriggle out of their warranty, T-Mobile says this is irrefutable proof of
water damage destroying the unit and voiding the warranty.

The problem I am experiencing is that the unit keeps defaulting to no sound
on ringer. When you try to put the dot in the RINGER position, it flashes
back to NO RINGER NO VIBRATE mode. Yesterday it also started flashing
between locked and unlocked mode.

Has anyone got any experience of this or of dismantling the unit to see if
there actually IS any damage whatsoever in it? It certainly hasn't been
water damaged recently or possibly at all. It did give the ringer problem
once about 6 months ago but flashing the ROM made it go away.

It seems to work OK otherwise except that with the cooked ROM I have
installed in it, I (and numerous others on the XDA-Developers site) cant get
any sound on VoIP. [This probably ISN'T water damage]

My impression was that water dries out so I would like to see if there is
any evidence of (for example) salt water residue on the circuit board?

Mobile 3GP Videos, Mobile Games, Mobile secrets princes Home Repair 0 June 5th 07 12:03 PM
Mobile reviews,Secrets,mobile venues, mobile themes princes Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 03:35 PM
Dahlgren Wizard Felix Holmes Electronics Repair 0 February 17th 06 03:18 AM
Old Mobile Home Repair [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 17th 05 03:41 PM
ANN: Repair4MobilePhone: Do It Yourself Mobile Phone Repair Werner Heuser Electronics Repair 0 July 1st 05 04:12 PM