Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Monitor OSD menu stuck?

I have a Philips 190V Flatscreen monitor. Today I switched on the PC
and I keep getting the message "OSD main controls locked", "OSD main
controls unlocked". From time to time the main OSD menu appears
automatically.

I suppose that one of the buttons/switches might have got stuck. Could
there be any other explanation? Any solutions? I've reinstalled the
latest drivers but nothing...

Thanks for your help!

RX-01

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

i had the same prob with a viewsonic g90F with seven days warranty
left. i took it to the store and and they repaired it. they said they
changed the panel. so it may not be that easy to repair it.

On Jul 23, 6:27 pm, RX-01 wrote:
I have a Philips 190V Flatscreen monitor. Today I switched on the PC
and I keep getting the message "OSD main controls locked", "OSD main
controls unlocked". From time to time the main OSD menu appears
automatically.

I suppose that one of the buttons/switches might have got stuck. Could
there be any other explanation? Any solutions? I've reinstalled the
latest drivers but nothing...

Thanks for your help!

RX-01

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 24, 3:05 am, ruleworld wrote:
i had the same prob with a viewsonic g90F with seven days warranty
left. i took it to the store and and they repaired it. they said they
changed the panel. so it may not be that easy to repair it.

Thanks ruleworld. I will check if my warranty is still valid. If not,
then I'll still take it back and see if I can get it fixed.

RX-01