Posted to sci.electronics.repair
WGC WGC is offline

Default 22" NEC Multisync FP2141sb monitor is too bright, how to enter service menu?

Hello all.

My FP2141sb has developed an over-brightness problem. To acheive a
decent black level i have to set the brightness control all the way
down to zero which is not a good sign. I've fixed this problem before
on Trinitron monitors using Windas to reduce the G2 voltage so i am
looking for a way to do the same with this monitor.

I think it can probably be done in the service menu/factory mode but i
don't know how to unlock it. I did find out how its done with the
Mitsubishi 2070sb (same monitor or so i thought) but unfortunetly that
method did not work for the FP2141sb.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"WGC" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all.

My FP2141sb has developed an over-brightness problem. To acheive a
decent black level i have to set the brightness control all the way
down to zero which is not a good sign. I've fixed this problem before
on Trinitron monitors using Windas to reduce the G2 voltage so i am
looking for a way to do the same with this monitor.

I think it can probably be done in the service menu/factory mode but i
don't know how to unlock it. I did find out how its done with the
Mitsubishi 2070sb (same monitor or so i thought) but unfortunetly that
method did not work for the FP2141sb.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sorry for jumping in on this thread so late. I also have this NEC monitor.
Great, aint it? You may be aware of this, but the 2070 manual is up on
several sites free for the taking. There's an addendum file attached which
addresses the FP2141SB, specifically. I got into my monitor's FACT DATA
menu w/o a prob. Find the manual below if ya don't already have it:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download..._DP2070SB.html