Posted to sci.electronics.repair
WGC WGC is offline

Default 22" NEC Multisync FP2141sb monitor is too bright, how to enter service menu?

Hello all.

My FP2141sb has developed an over-brightness problem. To acheive a
decent black level i have to set the brightness control all the way
down to zero which is not a good sign. I've fixed this problem before
on Trinitron monitors using Windas to reduce the G2 voltage so i am
looking for a way to do the same with this monitor.

I think it can probably be done in the service menu/factory mode but i
don't know how to unlock it. I did find out how its done with the
Mitsubishi 2070sb (same monitor or so i thought) but unfortunetly that
method did not work for the FP2141sb.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!