Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default lawn mower wiring

Hello,I was wondering if you have a wiring diagram for a ford riding mower
model YT 16 early 80's. I'm blowing fuses and I can not get the PTO tp
engage. I know that the wireing is wrong and I don't know where it goes.
Please help. I need to cut my grass.

Thank you,
Marie B.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Marie Bennett" wrote in message
t...
Hello,I was wondering if you have a wiring diagram for a ford riding mower
model YT 16 early 80's. I'm blowing fuses and I can not get the PTO tp
engage. I know that the wireing is wrong and I don't know where it goes.
Please help. I need to cut my grass.

Thank you,
Marie B.

This isn't really the right place to look for that. Can't you just follow
the wires and see where they go? How complex can it be? If the PTO won't
engage, see if there's a switch under the seat to detect a rider, many
(all?) riding mowers will kill the engine or disengage the PTO if this
switch opens, and failure of the switch is not uncommon. Most of the mowers
I've worked on had it bypassed already.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:
"Marie Bennett" wrote in message
t...
Hello,I was wondering if you have a wiring diagram for a ford riding mower
model YT 16 early 80's. I'm blowing fuses and I can not get the PTO tp
engage. I know that the wireing is wrong and I don't know where it goes.
Please help. I need to cut my grass.

Thank you,
Marie B.

This isn't really the right place to look for that. Can't you just follow
the wires and see where they go? How complex can it be? If the PTO won't
engage, see if there's a switch under the seat to detect a rider, many
(all?) riding mowers will kill the engine or disengage the PTO if this
switch opens, and failure of the switch is not uncommon. Most of the mowers
I've worked on had it bypassed already.

Hi...

I'd respectfully suggest that she ask in alt.home.lawn.garden.

Take care.

Ken

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 22, 1:37 am, "Marie Bennett" wrote:
Hello,I was wondering if you have a wiring diagram for a ford riding mower
model YT 16 early 80's. I'm blowing fuses and I can not get the PTO tp
engage. I know that the wireing is wrong and I don't know where it goes.
Please help. I need to cut my grass.

Thank you,
Marie B.

marie, here is the wiring diagram. Tom .....well this page won't let
me paste the jpeg file of the schematic that i just scanned for
you.beings that i'm new, i may be doin something wrong. if you know
what i need to do let me know cause i've saved the wiring diagram to a
jpeg on my desktop, tom

Getting lawn mower going again... Lot-O-Fun Home Repair 13 March 29th 07 05:54 AM
Lawn Mower Ed UK diy 4 February 19th 07 12:05 PM
Lawn Mower Help kd3yt Home Repair 6 December 14th 06 09:48 AM
Lawn Mower Help John UK diy 8 June 7th 06 01:21 PM
lawn mower Charlie Brown Home Repair 3 October 25th 05 02:41 AM