Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

Default Lawn Mower

I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the merits
of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank You E

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JP JP is offline

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the merits
of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank You E

I'm unclear by what you mean by Larger rear wheels?
You don't mean a rear roller do you?
You might want to tell us what makes you have already seen.

Personally if this is big enough for your garden I'd give this free 30 day
trial.
www.enviromower.co.uk/enviromower.shtml

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

"JP" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the
merits of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank
You E

I'm unclear by what you mean by Larger rear wheels?
You don't mean a rear roller do you?
You might want to tell us what makes you have already seen.

Personally if this is big enough for your garden I'd give this free 30 day
trial.
www.enviromower.co.uk/enviromower.shtml

I had not seen this and no it would not do. I have quarter of an acre of
assorted lawn. I am atracted by a 3 in 1 mower ,bags ,mulches and side
discharge such as Alko 52 large rear wheel drive
http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/cgi-bin/s...%23a2821#a2821

This is I think rear wheel drive others as the Husquvarna on E bay are front
drive with large wheels at the back. There are also Mcculloch and Partner
one available the tree latter U.S derived though not always manufactured
Regards E

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed" wrote in message
I had not seen this and no it would not do. I have quarter of an acre of
assorted lawn. I am atracted by a 3 in 1 mower ,bags ,mulches and side
discharge such as Alko 52 large rear wheel drive
http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/cgi-bin/s...%23a2821#a2821

This is I think rear wheel drive others as the Husquvarna on E bay are
front drive with large wheels at the back. There are also Mcculloch and
Partner one available the tree latter U.S derived though not always
manufactured

The Honda mower I got second hand is several times better than the B+S
engined mowers I've experienced before. I'd get one again, despite the price
premium.

cheers,
clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JP JP is offline

"Ed" wrote in message

"JP" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
[...]

Interesting machine, looks very a good price.
I think I'd go see one of these at a dealer in action before buying off the
internet, see below for a dealer list.
http://www.gpdltd.co.uk/

I like the idea of mulching mowers, (especially for large gardens) I think
Toro were one of the first to really do well. They use the B&S engines.
The best mulchers are those that chop it really fine, like the Toro.
HTH

Lawn Mower Help kd3yt Home Repair 6 December 14th 06 09:48 AM
Lawn Mower Help John UK diy 8 June 7th 06 01:21 PM
lawn mower Charlie Brown Home Repair 3 October 25th 05 02:41 AM
Lawn Mower Andy & Carol Home Repair 14 March 14th 05 04:01 AM
Lawn Mower harry manka Home Repair 9 September 29th 04 03:30 PM