Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reputable Beta VCR repair business

I have two beta vcr's that both probably need a very good cleaning and
probably some minor part replacements. Anyone out there know of a good
repair shop that doesn't cost a fortune ?? Sam set me up with this, so
blame him.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 2 jun, 00:57, wrote:
I have two beta vcr's that both probably need a very good cleaning and
probably some minor part replacements. Anyone out there know of a good
repair shop that doesn't cost a fortune ?? Sam set me up with this, so
blame him.

where are you? i know a few in UK

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Robert

What makes are they? Sony machines are generally less
reliable and much harder to source parts for than Sanyo.
Toshiba machines usually have shot heads.

Colin

www.video99.co.uk

wrote:
I have two beta vcr's that both probably need a very good cleaning and
probably some minor part replacements. Anyone out there know of a good
repair shop that doesn't cost a fortune ?? Sam set me up with this, so
blame him.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I have two beta vcr's that both probably need a very good cleaning and
probably some minor part replacements. Anyone out there know of a good
repair shop that doesn't cost a fortune ?? Sam set me up with this, so
blame him.- Hide quoted text -

Colin,

One is a Sony SL-HF300. It ejects the tape but the right front corner
of the tape gets jammed in the right side of the door opening. The
door flap also does not raise automatically. I have to hold it up
myself, or the tape gets jammed up against the flap and eventually
goes back into the machine. But, so far, it plays tapes just fine.
Knock on wood.

The other is a Sears model number 564-53410450. The tape gets caught
unside the machine. I've had to cut 2-3 tapes out of that machine.

Hope you're able to help somehow ! and, thanks !!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Robert

I don't know the USA models so well, but it certainly
sounds as though the cassette carriage is damaged on
the HF300. Parts are virtually impossible to obtain, the
only hope is to get a scrap machine with a good front
use essentially the same mechanism. This looks similar
to the UK model SL-HF100, but others will be the same
too.

The Sears one could be anything, I don't recognise that
one at all. If it's a Sanyo it may only need a service
kit (I supply them for some models). Have a look inside
it and compare it to the pictures on my web site:
http://www.colin99.co.uk/extras/reel...sanyo_beta.htm
See if it looks familiar.

If not, look at the palsite and see which UK model looks
most like the Sears one, and we can go from the
http://www.palsite.com/models.html

Regards,

Colin www.video99.co.uk