Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] robert.robertfors@gmail.com is offline

Default Reputable Beta VCR repair business

On Jun 4, 3:07 pm, Colin McCormick wrote:
Robert

What makes are they? Sony machines are generally less
reliable and much harder to source parts for than Sanyo.
Toshiba machines usually have shot heads.

Colin

www.video99.co.uk

wrote:
I have two beta vcr's that both probably need a very good cleaning and
probably some minor part replacements. Anyone out there know of a good
repair shop that doesn't cost a fortune ?? Sam set me up with this, so
blame him.- Hide quoted text -

Colin,

One is a Sony SL-HF300. It ejects the tape but the right front corner
of the tape gets jammed in the right side of the door opening. The
door flap also does not raise automatically. I have to hold it up
myself, or the tape gets jammed up against the flap and eventually
goes back into the machine. But, so far, it plays tapes just fine.
Knock on wood.

The other is a Sears model number 564-53410450. The tape gets caught
unside the machine. I've had to cut 2-3 tapes out of that machine.

Hope you're able to help somehow ! and, thanks !!