Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default questions on sharp tv

hi, i was called by my grandmother to repair a 21" sharp tv. The
problem was there was an intermittent sound. the tv reception and
picture was fine. I inspected the PCB and resoldered many cold solder
joints. Turn it on, but the problem was still there. So I prod the
back and pcb and while gently pressing the back portion, the sound
come back. Releasing it makes sound disappear again. So turned off the
TV and examined the PCB. I found out loose solder joint on the jungle
ic (X2701cen1). Resoldered it but when I turn it again, its always in
the standby mode (led red). Its not turning on. the relay clicked and
then clicked back. No high voltage at all. So I look for another
technician to look for the problem which I made and he said that it
was the jungle ic which is defective. I pointed out that it was the
last thing I resoldered before it failed to turn on. Id like to hear
from your suggestions to check further this set before i buy this ic.
I think I fried the ic. can you give me some tip in soldering ic.
I realized i became careless. Because the other technician told me
that I should have discharged first the capacitor before poking on the
ic because it was so sensitve. I knew many precautions, but I havent
practiced it for a year already.sorry

thanks,

Ian B.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 29, 12:28 am, yhan wrote:
[...]

you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 29 May, 18:35, Malissa Baldwin wrote:

you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?

You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in
the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn
anything.

Why dont you ask yourself what you'd really like to do in life, if all
the practical limits were removed... keep asking and several things
should crop up, some of which you will be able to do.

Or you can continue being terminally bored - and bored people are
terminally boring

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 29, 11:56 am, wrote:
On 29 May, 18:35, Malissa Baldwin wrote:

you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?

You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in
the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn
anything.

Why dont you ask yourself what you'd really like to do in life, if all
the practical limits were removed... keep asking and several things
should crop up, some of which you will be able to do.

Or you can continue being terminally bored - and bored people are
terminally boring

NT

I've forwarded your post to X-Complaints-To:
for posting off-topic spam.
How is that for boring?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 29, 12:36 pm, Peale wrote:
wrote in news:1180464967.476245.128330
@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

On 29 May, 18:35, Malissa Baldwin wrote:

you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?

You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in
the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn
anything.

I, too, replied to the Group Troll, before realizing what they were.
Just do yourself a favor and plonk them.
--http://www.pealefamily.net

I'll plonk you too after I send a abuse notice to
and contact my attorney.

Calling somebody a troll is libel.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Malissa Baldwin wrote:
On May 29, 12:36 pm, Peale wrote:
wrote in news:1180464967.476245.128330
@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

On 29 May, 18:35, Malissa Baldwin wrote:
you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?
You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in
the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn
anything.

I, too, replied to the Group Troll, before realizing what they were.
Just do yourself a favor and plonk them.
--http://www.pealefamily.net

I'll plonk you too after I send a abuse notice to
and contact my attorney.

Calling somebody a troll is libel.

Send one to mine, as well; Bellsouth.net (still, even after having
merged with At&T).

I dare you....

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 29 May, 20:36, Peale wrote:
wrote in news:1180464967.476245.128330
@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
On 29 May, 18:35, Malissa Baldwin wrote:

you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?

You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in
the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn
anything.

I, too, replied to the Group Troll, before realizing what they were.
Just do yourself a favor and plonk them.
--http://www.pealefamily.net

I thought I'd give it the one chance, but like you say... its back to
permaplonk.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 29, 10:35 am, Malissa Baldwin
wrote:
On May 29, 12:28 am, yhan wrote:

[...]

google your problem?- Hide quoted text -

You know what? I dont like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want friendly advise, not admonition.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 29, 12:45 pm, Malissa Baldwin
wrote:
On May 29, 12:36 pm, Peale wrote:

wrote in news:1180464967.476245.128330
@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

On 29 May, 18:35, Malissa Baldwin wrote:

you got time to type all that **** but you can't take 2 seconds to
google your problem?

You must be seriuosly bored coming here. You dont seem interested in
the subject at all, have nothing to add, and arent here to learn
anything.

I, too, replied to the Group Troll, before realizing what they were.
Just do yourself a favor and plonk them.
--http://www.pealefamily.net

I'll plonk you too after I send a abuse notice to
and contact my attorney.

Calling somebody a troll is libel.

well, no significant information this time. Anyway, I found a lot of
similar topic.And mind you, I google whenever I encounter problem in
my repair jobs or even if I want to search for general things.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Look for shorts on your soldering work. Sometimes it is easy to miss
them because the short can be very thin and almost invisible. Scrap
slighty between all pins to remove any unwanted solder.

Other than that, you should get the datasheet for that IC and perform
the proper tests to determine why the set isn't powering up.