Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeroni Paul Jeroni Paul is offline

Default questions on sharp tv

Look for shorts on your soldering work. Sometimes it is easy to miss
them because the short can be very thin and almost invisible. Scrap
slighty between all pins to remove any unwanted solder.

Other than that, you should get the datasheet for that IC and perform
the proper tests to determine why the set isn't powering up.

yhan wrote:
hi, i was called by my grandmother to repair a 21" sharp tv. The
problem was there was an intermittent sound. the tv reception and
picture was fine. I inspected the PCB and resoldered many cold solder
joints. Turn it on, but the problem was still there. So I prod the
back and pcb and while gently pressing the back portion, the sound
come back. Releasing it makes sound disappear again. So turned off the
TV and examined the PCB. I found out loose solder joint on the jungle
ic (X2701cen1). Resoldered it but when I turn it again, its always in
the standby mode (led red). Its not turning on. the relay clicked and
then clicked back. No high voltage at all. So I look for another
technician to look for the problem which I made and he said that it
was the jungle ic which is defective. I pointed out that it was the
last thing I resoldered before it failed to turn on. Id like to hear
from your suggestions to check further this set before i buy this ic.
I think I fried the ic. can you give me some tip in soldering ic.
I realized i became careless. Because the other technician told me
that I should have discharged first the capacitor before poking on the
ic because it was so sensitve. I knew many precautions, but I havent
practiced it for a year already.sorry

thanks,

Ian B.