Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Adding a keypad to a home alarm system

I'm hoping someone here might have some expertise with this issue.
I recently bought a house with a pre-installed ADT alarm system. System was
installed in 2000. User manual says it is either a VIA-30PSE or a
Vista-10SE. I believe it is the latter. It has a single 6127/6128 keypad
in the house. The semi-detached garage has a motion detector. I would like
to add another keypad to the garage, since getting into/out of the
car/pulling in/pulling out/opening/shutting the garage door before the
entry/exit delay is proving to be a bit of a push. . Right now, I have
that zone bypassed, but this is a
pain, not only because I WANT protection out there, but also because
(apparently) you have to BYPASS the zone EACH TIME re-activate the
system. I've run all kinds of wiring & am not concerned with the technical
aspects of installing the keypad, but I'm wondering what keypad to get. 6128
keypads are
available used on Ebay, new ones are surprisingly expensive.
Also, all I have is the fairly useless from a technical standpoint user
manual. Is there any technical info online, as to how & where to connect a
2nd pad to the system?

Thanks

Dan

Adding a keypad to Vista 10SE alarm system Dan Home Repair 0 May 24th 07 06:39 PM
Which Home alarm system? Willi UK diy 26 February 13th 07 02:12 PM
Newbie Questions: Wireless Home Alarm System [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 12th 06 09:46 PM
Adding wireless elements to a wired alarm system rjs UK diy 3 August 9th 05 07:39 PM