Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cable connection help needed

G'Day, I am new here but am in need of help and this looked like just
the place to get it - I hope ;}

I have an Amtel (French) CCD camera and a DATA Translation DT3157
frame grabber PCI board. The problem I have is that I can not get a
ready made cable to connect them. Atmel says talk to DT and DT says we
can not tell you what pin connects to what pin BUT they can make me
one for about $900.

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card
but with my VERY limited knowledge of these things have only managed
to work out a few of the more obvious connections like data, ground
and power.

What I need is someone to be able to work out a pin x to pin x type
list so I can then make up the cable.

Any help would earn my unending gratitude as I have been trying for
months to get this information.

Cheers - Tony Evans

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Outback OZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 25, 10:50 am, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"Outback OZ" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.

Here are the pin outs and what is a.b.s.e. please?

Connections/pin outs/ins for the Data Translation FG board

The video input connector, J1, on the DT3157 is a SCSI-II 68-pin,
subminiature 'D' shell connector that accepts the digital input
signals
using cables from Data Translation or cables that you design. Figure 7
illustrates the J1 connector pin orientation.

1 Ground
2 AD0 (+) (MSB)
3 AD1 (+)
4 AD2 (+)
5 AD3 (+)
6 AD4 (+)
7 AD5 (+)
8 AD6 (+)
9 AD7 (+)
10 AD8 (+) or BD0 (+)
11 AD9 (+) or BD1 (+)
12 Ground
13 AD10 (+) or BD2 (+)
14 AD11 (+) or BD3 (+)
15 AD12 (+) or BD4 (+)
16 AD13 (+) or BD5 (+)
17 DIG_IO0
18 DIG_IO2
19 AD14 (+) or BD6 (+)
20 AD15 (+) or BD7 (+)
(LSB)
21 External Trigger In
22 Reserved
23 Reset Out (+)
24 Frame Enable Out (+)
25 Frame Enable In (+)
26 Line Enable In (+)
27 Line Enable Out (+)
28 Pixel Clock Out (+)
29 Pixel Clock In (+)
30 Expose (+) or SHUT(+)
31 DIG_IO4
32 DIG_IO5
33 DIG_IO6
34 Ground
35 Ground
36 AD0 ( ) (MSB)
37 AD1 ( )
38 AD2 ( )
39 AD3 ( )
40 AD4 ( )
41 AD5 ( )
42 AD6 ( )
43 AD7 ( )
44 AD8 ( ) or BD0
45 AD9 ( ) or BD1
46 Ground
47 AD10 ( ) or BD2
48 AD11 ( ) or BD3
49 AD12 ( ) or BD4
50 AD13 ( ) or BD5
51 DIG_IO1
52 DIG_IO3
53 AD14 ( ) or BD6
54 AD15 ( ) or BD7
(LSB)
55 Ground
56 Reserved
57 Reset Out ( )
58 Frame Enable Out ( )
59 Frame Enable In ( )
60 Line Enable In ( )
61 Line Enable Out ( )
62 Pixel Clock Out ( )
63 Pixel Clock In ( )
64 Expose ( ) or SHUT( )
65 Ground
66 Ground
67 DIG_IO7
68 Ground
If needed more data can be got at - http://www.datx.com/support/img-mv.htm
Model number is DT3157 for search.

Connections/pin outs/ins for the Amtel camellia 2.5meg Camera
3.1 ''DATA AND SYNC'' CONNECTOR
50 points 3M connector.
¨ connector reference :HIROSE DX10A-50S.
¨ mating connector on cable side : HIROSE DX40-50P ; shell : HIROSE
DX50-CV1.

Pin n° Signal
1 PCK+
2 PCK-
3 FEN+
4 FEN-
5 COLOUR_O2+ (1)
6 COLOUR_O2-(1)
7 PDATA0+
8 PDATA0-
9 PDATA2+
10 PDATA2-
11 PDATA4+
12 PDATA4-
13 PDATA6+
14 PDATA6-
15 PDATA8+
16 PDATA8-
17 PDATA10+
18 PDATA10-
19 GROUND
20 GROUND
21 SHUTTER+
22 SHUTTER-
23 COLOUR_I1+(1)
24 COLOUR_I1-(1)
25 NC
26 LEN+
27 LEN-
28 COLOUR_O1+ (
29 COLOUR_O1-(1)
30 GROUND
31 GROUND
32 PDATA1+
33 PDATA1-
34 PDATA3+
35 PDATA3-
36 PDATA5+
37 PDATA5-
38 PDATA7+
39 PDATA7-
40 PDATA9+
41 PDATA9-
42 PDATA11+
43 PDATA11-
44 NC
45 NC
46 TRIG_ITC+
47 TRIG_ITC-
48 COLOUR_I2+(1)
49 COLOUR_I2-(1)
50 NC
If needed more data can be got at - http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...camelia25m.pdf

Cheers
Tony

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Outback OZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.

Here are the pin outs and what is a.b.s.e. please?

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 25, 12:28 pm, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"Outback OZ" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.
Here are the pin outs and what is a.b.s.e. please?

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

I am new to Google forums - could you please be a bit more explicit?
Tony

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Outback OZ wrote:

On May 25, 12:28 pm, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"Outback OZ" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.
Here are the pin outs and what is a.b.s.e. please?

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

I am new to Google forums - could you please be a bit more explicit?
Tony

news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic but it is not available to
Google Groups users. Its only available to those using real usenet
binaries servers.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Outback OZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.
Here are the pin outs and what is a.b.s.e. please?

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

I am new to Google forums - could you please be a bit more explicit?

You need a real newsserver and reader - Google won't do it. Or set up your
web page on http://pages.google.com/ and post them there with links here.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 26, 6:36 am, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"Outback OZ" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have the manuals and pin out lists for both the camera and the card

Post them on a.b.s.e and post a link here.
Here are the pin outs and what is a.b.s.e. please?

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

I am new to Google forums - could you please be a bit more explicit?

You need a real newsserver and reader - Google won't do it. Or set up your
web page onhttp://pages.google.com/and post them there with links here.

The whole PDF files are availible on line at :-

http://www.datx.com/support/img-mv.htm
use DT3157 for search

Camera - User guide -