Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Oddball diode?

Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the stupid question.

Gordon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" wrote:

Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?

Why do you think it's a rectifier ?

What size is it ? How many pins ? Construction ? Colour ? etc...

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is there a cathode band on one end? How does it read on an X/Y component
tester or a diode leakage test on a digital multimeter? What does it
connect to in the circuit?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?
Gordon

Do you think you should be working on televisions??
.... for your own safety you should go to the website for this
newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
there, with some of your search time you will find a wealth of
television repair information and most importantly, SAFETY information
and proceedures that will keep you away from dangerous and lethal
electrical shock hazards.
electricitym

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

wrote:
[...]

Many arcade machines include CRT monitors with the same issues as TVs.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 4:24 pm, "
wrote:
Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the stupid question.

Gordon

How about a couple of pictures, monitor model number, manufacturer,
date code, etc!!!

H. R. Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 6:06 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
" wrote:
Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?

Why do you think it's a rectifier ?

What size is it ? How many pins ? Construction ? Colour ? etc...

Graham

Because it has the cathode band on it, isn't glass, and has two pins.
It's black, and the band (and writing) is brown.

Sorry for not providing enough information.

-Gordon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 9:55 pm, CJT wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Yeah... I've worked on MANY arcade CRTs... Just never a TV before.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 8:11 pm, "Matt J. McCullar" wrote:
Is there a cathode band on one end? How does it read on an X/Y component
tester or a diode leakage test on a digital multimeter? What does it
connect to in the circuit?

Cathode band on one end. I get no reading on the diode leakage test.
It's marked as D5E1 on the sync board.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 10:13 pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On May 19, 4:24 pm, "
wrote:

Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the stupid question.

Gordon

How about a couple of pictures, monitor model number, manufacturer,
date code, etc!!!

H. R. Hofmann

Monitor is 50P-GHS81. Made by Mitsubishi. Date stamp reads December
1997 MINO. Will upload pics shortly.

-Gordon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 20, 1:11 am, "
wrote:
On May 19, 8:11 pm, "Matt J. McCullar" wrote:

Is there a cathode band on one end? How does it read on an X/Y component
tester or a diode leakage test on a digital multimeter? What does it
connect to in the circuit?

Cathode band on one end. I get no reading on the diode leakage test.
It's marked as D5E1 on the sync board.

I got no reading because my battery was dying and I didn't notice the
display. Leakage test reads .534V.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 20, 1:04 am, "
wrote:
On May 19, 6:06 pm, Eeyore
wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Ack. This is what I get for posting while I'm distracted. Forgot
important information. Board has a symbol on it related to the
position. Is a normal diode symbol. Def not zener, shottky, etc....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" wrote:

On May 19, 6:06 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
" wrote:
Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
with bad sync.

Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
is, and its specs?

Why do you think it's a rectifier ?

What size is it ? How many pins ? Construction ? Colour ? etc...

Because it has the cathode band on it, isn't glass, and has two pins.
It's black, and the band (and writing) is brown.

Size ?

Sorry for not providing enough information.

BZY69 was a low power 12V zener.....allegdly 2% tolerance...
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/elektro...isi/zdiyot.doc
https://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?itemCode=NAPBZY69

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 20, 1:11 am, "
wrote:
On May 19, 8:11 pm, "Matt J. McCullar" wrote:

Is there a cathode band on one end? How does it read on an X/Y
component
tester or a diode leakage test on a digital multimeter? What does it
connect to in the circuit?

Cathode band on one end. I get no reading on the diode leakage test.
It's marked as D5E1 on the sync board.

I got no reading because my battery was dying and I didn't notice the
display. Leakage test reads .534V.

It's probably just a diode. It sounds like it's working correctly, I
wouldn't spend too much time focussed on that part.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 20, 9:07 pm, "James Sweet" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 20, 1:11 am, "
wrote:
On May 19, 8:11 pm, "Matt J. McCullar" wrote:

Is there a cathode band on one end? How does it read on an X/Y
component
tester or a diode leakage test on a digital multimeter? What does it
connect to in the circuit?

Cathode band on one end. I get no reading on the diode leakage test.
It's marked as D5E1 on the sync board.

I got no reading because my battery was dying and I didn't notice the
display. Leakage test reads .534V.

It's probably just a diode. It sounds like it's working correctly, I
wouldn't spend too much time focussed on that part.

Wasn't ultra-concerned about it... I just have an obsessive need to
know what I'm looking at. No biggie.

I appreciate all of you guys' help.

-Gordon