Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Norwood Micro 19" LCD (L199) Backlight Problem

I've got the above LCD that exhibits this problem:

When you turn the unit on, both backlights operate and you get the standard
"no signal" message on the LCD. After about 2 seconds, the backlight turns
off, along with the power LED, while the video is still working (verified
with alternate light source). After another two seconds, the backlight comes
back on with the power LED, then we go through the same process ad
infinitum.

Upon inspection, one of the filter caps (poly film) was bulged, so I
replaced with no joy. I have not found any schematics or referenceds to
parts for this specific monitor.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start with the repairs on this
monitor? Even better, what about sources for service manuals and parts for
this one (hey, it never hurts to ask)?

Thanks for your time!

Henry

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Henry wrote:
I've got the above LCD that exhibits this problem:

When you turn the unit on, both backlights operate and you get the
standard "no signal" message on the LCD. After about 2 seconds, the
backlight turns off, along with the power LED, while the video is still
working (verified with alternate light source). After another two
seconds, the backlight comes back on with the power LED, then we go
through the same process ad infinitum.

Upon inspection, one of the filter caps (poly film) was bulged, so I
replaced with no joy. I have not found any schematics or referenceds to
parts for this specific monitor.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start with the repairs on this
monitor? Even better, what about sources for service manuals and parts
for this one (hey, it never hurts to ask)?

Thanks for your time!

Henry

Maybe the CCFL bulbs are failing, or since the power LED goes off also -
maybe a problem with the portion of the power supply that powers the
inverter.