Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 32" TFT LCD TV no picture -- audio & backlight works

I just bought a TV and all the sudden no picture was being displayed.
This tv was bought on ebay so go figures... The thing is that the
black light is fine and audio is working properly. It seems as the
actual LCD is not providing any picture. I tried displaying a menu or
something but it just seems a a dead LCD controller?

any ideas as of how I can track the problem? do some tests??

This is the model and number
Hyndai 32" TFT LCD TV & MONITOR HLT-3272

Thanks for the help in advance...

Kevin Cosner

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Contact service facility, unit should still be under manufacturer's
warrenty.
"kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a TV and all the sudden no picture was being displayed.
This tv was bought on ebay so go figures... The thing is that the
black light is fine and audio is working properly. It seems as the
actual LCD is not providing any picture. I tried displaying a menu or
something but it just seems a a dead LCD controller?

any ideas as of how I can track the problem? do some tests??

This is the model and number
Hyndai 32" TFT LCD TV & MONITOR HLT-3272

Thanks for the help in advance...

Kevin Cosner

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

There is no warranty on this product... So any ideas?
Thanks...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

kevin wrote:
There is no warranty on this product... So any ideas?
Thanks...

JUST Bought it and no warranty?
If you bought it from a store you should be able to return it.
If you bought it from a private party or it "fell off a truck" or some
other situation then you're out of luck.
There's not much serviceable in these except the backlight, inverter,
power supply.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Art" wrote in message

Contact service facility, unit should still be under manufacturer's
warrenty.

All too many of these 'eBay deals' are from pallet lots of store returns.
There is often an as-is warning on the auction.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yes this product was bought knowing that it was defective... As Is! so
I'm just trying to figure out what was wrong....
Turns out after looking and looking there is a small fuse but really
small! this is located on the converter I believe... but now I replaced
it! works! but then a hissing sound or something and bam goes out
again... so I'm guessing I;'m getting closer..
now any ideas? jeje..
thanks!
Kevin,..