Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo DS26050 TV stuck in demo mode

My oldest son (18 and brain dead) somehow put our TV into demo mode.
All of the features and specifications of it constantly scroll from
the top to the bottom of the screen. I cannot find how to get it out
of this mode. I have seen dozens of posts about this problem where
people have said to press and hold the menu button. There isn't one
on this TV or on the remote!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 8, 10:51 am, wrote:
brain dead

You know what they say: Like father, like son.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 8, 12:51 pm, wrote:
My oldest son (18 and brain dead) somehow put our TV into demo mode.
All of the features and specifications of it constantly scroll from
the top to the bottom of the screen. I cannot find how to get it out
of this mode. I have seen dozens of posts about this problem where
people have said to press and hold the menu button. There isn't one
on this TV or on the remote!

unplug it for a moment or so

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I would suggest pressing a combination of buttons at the same time.

Some Philips TVs had a feature where pressing both volume buttons at once
would enter a demonstration mode. I've also seen the "push both volume
buttons at once" functionality used to enter the set's configuration menu.

It isn't hard to imagine another TV maker using the same approach, so give
it a try and see. I doubt it could make things any worse.

William