Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digistar TV Stuck in Lockout Mode

A customer brought this Digistar model TK1337DP (mfd. Jul '05, not sure of
mfr.) in, their kid was playing with the remote and appears to have locked
the controls. I can power on with the remote, but all other buttons as well
as the front panel will not do anything. A lock icon remains displayed in
the corner of the screen. I assume there's either some way to unlock this or
reset it.... does anyone know how? Without instructions or service info,
it's like trying to crack a safe..... but without the stethoscope.
Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Many thanks for the tip, I probably never would have figured it out on my
own.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:28:14 +0000, Chris F. Has Frothed:

A customer brought this Digistar model TK1337DP (mfd. Jul '05, not sure
of
mfr.) in, their kid was playing with the remote and appears to have
locked
the controls. I can power on with the remote, but all other buttons as
well as the front panel will not do anything. A lock icon remains
displayed in the corner of the screen. I assume there's either some way
unlock this or reset it.... does anyone know how? Without instructions or
service info, it's like trying to crack a safe..... but without the
stethoscope.
Thanks for any advice.

Hold down the "display" button on the remote until the picture returns.

COOSN-266-06-25794