Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
me e

Default Cordless Phone GE 26970ge2-a stuck in dial mode vs. tone

Hello all,

Years ago I bought this second-hand General Electric 26970ge2-a
wireless headset phone which I fixed - it has been working great until,
while quickly changing the batteries during a call, I somehow
reprogrammed it and now it is stuck in dial mode. I cannot figure how
to reporgram it so it will remain in tone mode. This is driving me
crazy because so many corporate auto answering machines need to
interface with a tone and then you end up on hold and that is when I
need to have a wireless headset so I can keep busy.

Anyone out there who knows how to reprogram this phone?

Thanks,

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
me e wrote:
Hello all,

Years ago I bought this second-hand General Electric 26970ge2-a
wireless headset phone which I fixed - it has been working great until,
while quickly changing the batteries during a call, I somehow
reprogrammed it and now it is stuck in dial mode. I cannot figure how
to reporgram it so it will remain in tone mode. This is driving me
crazy because so many corporate auto answering machines need to
interface with a tone and then you end up on hold and that is when I
need to have a wireless headset so I can keep busy.

Anyone out there who knows how to reprogram this phone?

Try just leaving the batteries out for long enough for all the
capacitors to discharge. Say overnight. Hopefully that will reset the
defaults.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
J Swain

Rich Greenberg wrote:

In article .com,
me e wrote:

Hello all,

Years ago I bought this second-hand General Electric 26970ge2-a
wireless headset phone which I fixed - it has been working great until,
while quickly changing the batteries during a call, I somehow
reprogrammed it and now it is stuck in dial mode. I cannot figure how
to reporgram it so it will remain in tone mode. This is driving me
crazy because so many corporate auto answering machines need to
interface with a tone and then you end up on hold and that is when I
need to have a wireless headset so I can keep busy.

Anyone out there who knows how to reprogram this phone?

Try just leaving the batteries out for long enough for all the
capacitors to discharge. Say overnight. Hopefully that will reset the
defaults.

If that didn't work, check out these links from the GE consumer
site(your model wasn't listed directly)

http://www.home-electronics.net/documents/26976(IB)_203365_25.pdf

http://www.home-electronics.net/documents/26900A(IB)_204033_25.pdf

From the last one:

TONE/PULSE DIALING SELECTION
1. Press the FLASH/PROGRAM button until 1TONE 2PULSE shows in the display.
1TONE is the default setting.
2. Use the CID/VOL ( or ) button or the touch-tone pad to move the
arrow to 1TONE
or 2PULSE.
3. Press FLASH/PROGRAM to store selection.