Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need a 24C05 programmer

Can anyone point me in direction for a 24C05 programmer and/or
software? Only need something basic. The ones I see seem to have a gap
where the 05 is concerned.

Many thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Just Another Theremin Fan wrote:

Can anyone point me in direction for a 24C05 programmer and/or
software? Only need something basic. The ones I see seem to have a gap
where the 05 is concerned.

What's a 24C05 ? It rings no bells with me.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21 Mar, 21:31, Eeyore
wrote:

What's a 24C05 ? It rings no bells with me.

It is a common eeprom in car radios.

Thanks for answering

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Just Another Theremin Fan" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 21 Mar, 21:31, Eeyore
wrote:

What's a 24C05 ? It rings no bells with me.

It is a common eeprom in car radios.

Thanks for answering

4K Bit Standard 2-Wire Interface serial EEPROM.

.... pretty standard stuff really.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Just Another Theremin Fan wrote:

Can anyone point me in direction for a 24C05 programmer and/or
software? Only need something basic. The ones I see seem to have a gap
where the 05 is concerned.

What's a 24C05 ? It rings no bells with me.

Graham

If you have a programmer that can program the 24C04, then it will program the
24C05. The only difference between the devices is pin7, which on the 24C05, is
a write protect that, when tied to Vcc, protects the upper 2K of address space
(so that it functions as ROM space). On the 24C04 device, pin7 is NC.
Of course, to program the device, it should be out of circuit, removing the Vcc
from pin7, and enabling the device to be written.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:

What's a 24C05 ? It rings no bells with me.

It is a common eeprom in car radios.

Thanks for answering

4K Bit Standard 2-Wire Interface serial EEPROM.

... pretty standard stuff really.

Dave M explained the difference between it and the 24C04.

Graham

Pic12F629 programmer Electronics Repair 2 September 30th 06 09:25 PM
LVP programmer [email protected] Electronics 7 August 18th 05 06:04 PM
Combi Programmer? EricP UK diy 5 October 5th 04 01:30 AM
CH Programmer hays UK diy 4 December 10th 03 06:05 PM
CH Programmer Rowdy UK diy 1 October 22nd 03 12:42 PM