Rowdy

Default CH Programmer

Hi All

I have just bought a new central heating programmer (Horstman Centaur
- Plus C27) to replace the existing electro mechanical programmer
(Glow Worm Master Mind) which has gone on the blink.

The instructions that come with the C27 show various wiring diagrams
which are a bit confusing although I think I have identified the
correct one (gravity hot water with pumped heating via roomstat and
cylinderstat) which shows terminals N,L,3 and 4 being used on the new
programmer. My difficulty is in how I identify the correct wires that
currently connect to the existing programmer. Helpfully the C27
instructions have a series of terminal mappings various programmers
being replaced by the C27 - unfortunately the Glow Worm Master mind
does not feature.

Can any of you help me out here?

Rowdy
BigWallop

"Rowdy" wrote in message
Hi All

I have just bought a new central heating programmer (Horstman Centaur
- Plus C27) to replace the existing electro mechanical programmer
(Glow Worm Master Mind) which has gone on the blink.

The instructions that come with the C27 show various wiring diagrams
which are a bit confusing although I think I have identified the
correct one (gravity hot water with pumped heating via roomstat and
cylinderstat) which shows terminals N,L,3 and 4 being used on the new
programmer. My difficulty is in how I identify the correct wires that
currently connect to the existing programmer. Helpfully the C27
instructions have a series of terminal mappings various programmers
being replaced by the C27 - unfortunately the Glow Worm Master mind
does not feature.

Can any of you help me out here?

Rowdy

You didn't make a diagram of the existing wiring before you took the old one
off ?

The L & N connections speak for themselves. They're the live feed from your
consumer unit (fuse box). The other connections you need should already be
at the old programmer. One from the CH Motorised Valve and one from the HW
Motorised Valve. All other connections should be in a junction box which is
already wired.