Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IE1394

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Also, any IE1394 - HDMI adapters around?

New/used? Possible?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

UCLAN wrote:
Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Are there even any set-top HDTV tuners out yet?

--
Martians drive SUVs! http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

clifto wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Are there even any set-top HDTV tuners out yet?

I've seen quite a few. Then add HD tuner computer cards to the mix.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

UCLAN wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Not when the search is for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver."

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

UCLAN wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Not when the search is for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver."

1394 "HDTV receiver"

gives 10.000 google hits (include the quotes)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 10, 12:12 pm, UCLAN wrote:
Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Also, any IE1394 - HDMI adapters around?

New/used? Possible?

Our Samsung SIR-T165 from 2003 has IEEE 1394 I/O. Pretty good tuner.

GG

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Not when the search is for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver."

Use firewire instead of 1394

No. I search for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver." I read the
individual product specs to see if it has firewire (IEEE1394.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

No. I search for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver." I read the
individual product specs to see if it has firewire (IEEE1394.)

Ok then you're stupid.

Oh? My way I learn about all the HDTV tuners and receivers on
the market, not just those with firewire ports. Your way...
just *what* do you accomplish your way?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

No. I search for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver." I read the
individual product specs to see if it has firewire (IEEE1394.)

Ok then you're stupid.

Oh? My way I learn about all the HDTV tuners and receivers on
the market, not just those with firewire ports. Your way...
just *what* do you accomplish your way?

Accomplish what the original poster wanted hence the subject:

IE1394

"HDTV tuners with IE1394 ports" IIRC.

I *am* the original poster. I asked (1) if anyone was aware of an
HDTV tuner with an IEEE1394 port, and (2) if a HDMI - IEEE1394
adapter exists. I did *not* ask how to search Google. I had already
done that. Yes MP, products *do* exist without being found on Google.