DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   IE1394 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/194667-ie1394.html)

UCLAN March 10th 07 08:12 PM

IE1394

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Also, any IE1394 - HDMI adapters around?

New/used? Possible?

clifto March 10th 07 09:35 PM

IE1394

UCLAN wrote:
Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Are there even any set-top HDTV tuners out yet?

--
Martians drive SUVs! http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html

UCLAN March 11th 07 06:04 AM

IE1394

clifto wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Are there even any set-top HDTV tuners out yet?

I've seen quite a few. Then add HD tuner computer cards to the mix.

Eeyore March 11th 07 06:37 AM

IE1394

UCLAN wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Graham

UCLAN March 11th 07 06:51 PM

IE1394

Eeyore wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Not when the search is for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver."

Sjouke Burry March 11th 07 10:10 PM

IE1394

UCLAN wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Not when the search is for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver."

1394 "HDTV receiver"

gives 10.000 google hits (include the quotes)

[email protected] March 12th 07 04:08 AM

IE1394

On Mar 10, 12:12 pm, UCLAN wrote:
Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Also, any IE1394 - HDMI adapters around?

New/used? Possible?

Our Samsung SIR-T165 from 2003 has IEEE 1394 I/O. Pretty good tuner.

GG

UCLAN March 12th 07 06:23 AM

IE1394

Meat Plow wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

You mean IEEE1394

That might help google find an answer.

Not when the search is for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver."

Use firewire instead of 1394

No. I search for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver." I read the
individual product specs to see if it has firewire (IEEE1394.)

UCLAN March 12th 07 06:26 AM

IE1394

wrote:

Anybody have/see a set-top HDTV tuner with a IE1394 port?

Also, any IE1394 - HDMI adapters around?

New/used? Possible?

Our Samsung SIR-T165 from 2003 has IEEE 1394 I/O. Pretty good tuner.

I have seen a few Samsung models, a discontinued Mitsubishi model,
and one or two others.

UCLAN March 12th 07 07:51 PM

IE1394

Meat Plow wrote:

No. I search for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver." I read the
individual product specs to see if it has firewire (IEEE1394.)

Ok then you're stupid.

Oh? My way I learn about all the HDTV tuners and receivers on
the market, not just those with firewire ports. Your way...
just *what* do you accomplish your way?

UCLAN March 13th 07 05:56 AM

IE1394

Meat Plow wrote:

No. I search for "HDTV tuner" or "HDTV receiver." I read the
individual product specs to see if it has firewire (IEEE1394.)

Ok then you're stupid.

Oh? My way I learn about all the HDTV tuners and receivers on
the market, not just those with firewire ports. Your way...
just *what* do you accomplish your way?

Accomplish what the original poster wanted hence the subject:

IE1394

"HDTV tuners with IE1394 ports" IIRC.

I *am* the original poster. I asked (1) if anyone was aware of an
HDTV tuner with an IEEE1394 port, and (2) if a HDMI - IEEE1394
adapter exists. I did *not* ask how to search Google. I had already
done that. Yes MP, products *do* exist without being found on Google.