Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED

Hi!
This set is a magnavox kitchen TV DVD AM FM MdlMDR700137 , the screen is
dark but if you shine light on it you can see the picture, the contrast
and brightness don't have any effect on it , I need to know what kind of
source it uses to light up the screen,
Thank you
Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Vince wrote:
Hi!
This set is a magnavox kitchen TV DVD AM FM MdlMDR700137 , the screen is
dark but if you shine light on it you can see the picture, the contrast
and brightness don't have any effect on it , I need to know what kind of
source it uses to light up the screen,
Thank you
Vince

Most of them use CCFL tubes. If you open it up and look at it, it should
be obvious. Inverter failure is common but the tubes can wear out too.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet sez:

Most of them use CCFL tubes. If you open it up and look at it, it should
be obvious. Inverter failure is common but the tubes can wear out too.

To add a little detail...

The CCFL is a thin (some as small as 1/4 inch diameter) fluorescent lamp that
runs the entire width (usually) of the bottom of the screen. It's usually
taped tightly to the screen with copper tape and not always easily
accessible. I'd bet it's the driver board (inverter) that has failed. This is
much more accessible and I'd test the output of this before tearing apart the
display to get at the bulb.

Good luck,
--
Al, the usual

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Usual Suspect wrote:
James Sweet sez:

Most of them use CCFL tubes. If you open it up and look at it, it should
be obvious. Inverter failure is common but the tubes can wear out too.

To add a little detail...

The CCFL is a thin (some as small as 1/4 inch diameter) fluorescent lamp that
runs the entire width (usually) of the bottom of the screen. It's usually
taped tightly to the screen with copper tape and not always easily
accessible. I'd bet it's the driver board (inverter) that has failed. This is
much more accessible and I'd test the output of this before tearing apart the
display to get at the bulb.

Good luck,

The inverter output is highfrequency and voltage and may damage some
digital meters.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jumpster Jiver wrote:
Usual Suspect wrote:

James Sweet sez:

Most of them use CCFL tubes. If you open it up and look at it, it
should be obvious. Inverter failure is common but the tubes can wear
out too.

To add a little detail...

The CCFL is a thin (some as small as 1/4 inch diameter) fluorescent
lamp that runs the entire width (usually) of the bottom of the screen.
It's usually taped tightly to the screen with copper tape and not
always easily accessible. I'd bet it's the driver board (inverter)
that has failed. This is much more accessible and I'd test the output
of this before tearing apart the display to get at the bulb.
Good luck,

The inverter output is highfrequency and voltage and may damage some
digital meters.

Easiest to test with another lamp, you don't have to install it in the
display to test the inverter.

led Vince Electronics Repair 1 March 4th 07 09:04 PM
selling led lighting such as led christmas light,led decorative light,led house lamp led lighting UK diy 0 February 6th 07 06:45 AM
LED,LED Lamp,LED Lights,LED Display,Automotive Lamp,LED Chip,LED Module [email protected] Electronics 0 December 4th 05 11:08 AM
LED TV? Ken Weitzel Electronics Repair 10 January 23rd 05 10:53 AM