Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Service calls

Meat Plow wrote:

Anyone got any weird or strange experiences when doing in home service?
Back in the early 80's when I did residential HVAC, I had so many that it
made me not want to do it any more and I switched to commercial.

This didn't happen to me, but to an elderly tech I worked with at
Microdyne. Jerry was sent to China to repair some C-band sat terminal
equipment for the chinese government. A liaison was supposed to be
waiting at the airport, but didn't show up. So, that left jerry with a
load of tools, manuals and test equipment that the customs inspectors
couldn't read. All they recognized was the company logo which was a
large sat dish. They started yelling, Yankee Spy! Yankee Spy! Yankee
Spy! He was arrested, and detained for almost 24 hours before the
report made it to the right level of the chinese government, along with
his manuals.

Jerry had a great sense of humor, unless someone mentioned China.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida