Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic CT-36HL43G shuts down.

This Panasonic CT-36HL43G shuts down about two seconds after the 144V supply
relay kicks into the horizontal output circuits. I have the chassis removed
from the set (it was too big to carry into the shop). The base drive to the
HOT looks good until the 144V energizes. Then a small (extra) oscillation
occurs at the base of the HOT on the low side of the input square wave. On
the collector side, it is full of extra oscillations. I don't have the
deflection yoke plugged and I don't know how much of a difference this would
make in terms of fidelity of these waveforms. The last thing that happens
before it shuts down is that the AC line current jumps to almost 3 amps.
That seems a bit high for this test situation. I've checked all the power
supply lines for shorts but have found none. I'm suspecting a faulty flyback
but I'd like a second or third opinion.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"David Farber" wrote in message
[...]

I replaced the flyback and that fixed it.