Default Panasonic TV model CT32X31E shuts off whenever it wants to

This set is driving me nuts. The customer says that for the past 2 or 3
months the set would just shut off sometimes. He found that he could
not turn it on again unless he unplugged it for a few seconds. Finally
it quit completely. I found the 6.3A line fuse open, but it wasn't
blackened like it would be from a dead short. This fuse had a minute
break in it. I have seen this happen before where there was no apparent
reason. I checked for any obvious shorts ans I found none. I then
touched up any suspicious soldering (although I didn't really see
anything suspicious), and I replaced the fuse with a 4.0 amp because
the 6.3's were in the van and thats what I had nearby. The set came on
looked great and the fuse has held up fine, however three times during
the course of 2 hours the set has shut down for no reason. I haven't
seen it actually happen so I have no specifics to share. I try to power
up again and just like the customer said, it does nothing until you
pull the plug for a few seconds and then retry. Set comes back on and
again plays for an undetermined amount of time before it decides to
once again shut down. I have no schematic for this thing and I was
wondering if anyone might have any information on this symptom relating
to this model? Or might someone perhaps have a schematic for this
chassis that they could share with me? Thanks very much for any
assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

Tom MacIntyre

On 28 Apr 2005 13:51:51 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

Does it still require unplugging to come back on? If so, it may be the
uP.

Tom
Andy Cuffe

On 28 Apr 2005 13:51:51 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

I see a lot of Panasonics with bad soldering on the power supply
regulator IC. You should stop using it until it's fixed or you may
cause more damage.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005
Art

Replace the Degauss Thermistor with the updated part and a new fuse. A lot
of teles now days are having this nusiance fuse failure syndrome. it is a
reault of the newest attempt in the design of the degauss circuitry. The
degauss thermistor draws enough current through the fuse to weaken and
ocassionally cause failure. SONY, Panasonic, Thomson, Phillips, Etc are ALL
experiencing this problem. Their respective web sites refer to the
appropiate repairs.
"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
On 28 Apr 2005 13:51:51 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

Well this power supply does not use the stk IC. I know which one you're
talking about Andy. Also I've been running the set with the degaussing
coils disconnected because they're too short for the bench. Lenny