Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nakamichi BX-125 one channel out.

This Nakamichi BX-125 cassette deck has no output on either playback or
record on the right channel. The l.e.d. meters are responding. When a newly
recorded tape is rewound and played back, both left and right meters respond
properly. I tried tracing backward from the line output jack but I could not
pick up the point where the signal gets lost. Anyone have a schematic or
block diagram that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is a stereo unit. Can't you just trace the signal back from the
outputs or from the head preamp to see where it differs in the two channels?

Leonard

"David Farber" wrote in message
This Nakamichi BX-125 cassette deck has no output on either playback or
record on the right channel. The l.e.d. meters are responding. When a
newly
recorded tape is rewound and played back, both left and right meters
respond
properly. I tried tracing backward from the line output jack but I could
not
pick up the point where the signal gets lost. Anyone have a schematic or
block diagram that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

It has removed 24799 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Leonard,

I was able to trace the signal back to the playback level volume control.
This is a stereo level control that is user adjustable at the front panel. I
checked the level in and out of the volume control and sure enough, only one
signal was coming out while two were going in. One side of the control had
no continuity to the wiper tap. I bypassed the control completely and that
fixed it.

Thanks for your reply.

--

------

Baxi boiler error code 125 pp UK diy 10 March 18th 19 01:44 PM
Walter Turner table saw for $125 John Grossbohlin Woodworking 0 January 6th 07 09:23 PM
ETX 125 azimuth gear slipping jtaylor Metalworking 1 March 17th 06 06:17 PM
For Sale 10" Craftsman Table Saw $125-OBO-Hollywood, FL [email protected] Woodworking 0 September 1st 05 11:36 PM
0.125 Cu plate strength Wood Butcher Metalworking 11 July 4th 05 04:56 PM