Posted to uk.d-i-y
pp pp is offline

Default Baxi boiler error code 125

Hi
I have a Baxi Duo-tec HE24 condensing boiler fitted in September and lately
it has shut itself down for no apparent reason and shows error code E125. I
try to reset it but this doesn't usually work and instead I have to switch
off the boiler and turn it on again before it'll work. It's been happening
more frequently lately and although it's still under warranty I was hoping
that someone can give me an idea of what's the problem before I call out the
installer. According to the users book it says the error code 125 may be due
to a fault in the primary circulation or due to a blockage.

TIA
Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:31:07 +0000, pp wrote:

Hi
I have a Baxi Duo-tec HE24 condensing boiler fitted in September and lately
it has shut itself down for no apparent reason and shows error code E125. I
try to reset it but this doesn't usually work and instead I have to switch
off the boiler and turn it on again before it'll work. It's been happening
more frequently lately and although it's still under warranty I was hoping
that someone can give me an idea of what's the problem before I call out the
installer. According to the users book it says the error code 125 may be due
to a fault in the primary circulation or due to a blockage.

What does the installer book say (it is actually a legal requirement to
leave you the book). I'm guessing, but that code is probably over-heat?

So maybe problems like:
No bypass. All TRVs shutdown in. Faulty sensor. Faulty pump.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mal Mal is offline

"pp" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi
I have a Baxi Duo-tec HE24 condensing boiler fitted in September and
lately it has shut itself down for no apparent reason and shows error code
E125. I try to reset it but this doesn't usually work and instead I have
to switch off the boiler and turn it on again before it'll work. It's been
happening more frequently lately and although it's still under warranty I
was hoping that someone can give me an idea of what's the problem before I
call out the installer. According to the users book it says the error code
125 may be due to a fault in the primary circulation or due to a blockage.

TIA
Phil

How are you going to check the answer given here is correct? It seems odd
you turn to a newsgroup rather than call out a company and have it fixed
under warranty.
Is there any reason for that?
Asking here will not get the boiler fixed, or haven't you worked that out
yet!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
pp pp is offline

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
[...]

The installer book says "error 125 flashing - Ensure primary circulation
is OK & that there is no blockage"

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Feb, 19:31, "pp" wrote:
Hi
I have a Baxi Duo-tec HE24 condensing boiler fitted in September and lately
it has shut itself down for no apparent reason and shows error code E125. I
try to reset it but this doesn't usually work and instead I have to switch
off the boiler and turn it on again before it'll work. It's been happening
more frequently lately and although it's still under warranty I was hoping
that someone can give me an idea of what's the problem before I call out the
installer. According to the users book it says the error code 125 may be due
to a fault in the primary circulation or due to a blockage.

TIA
Phil

The installer should have left you the manual ... at the rear will be
error code explanation and also flow charts to identify what component
is causing the issue.
If you don't have the manual - here it is:
http://www.baxi.co.uk/products/liter...tion_Guide.pdf

page 46 is pretty explicit, and states the problem is almost certainly
a failed pump.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
pp pp is offline

"Mal" wrote in message

"pp" wrote in message
[...]

What's your problem with me asking the question? Ever heard of curiosity? Of
course I'm going to call out the company seeing as it's under warranty but
even just a little bit of knowledge beforehand is useful. Isn't that what
newsgroups are for, or haven't YOU worked that out yet!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:04:59 +0000, Mal wrote:

"pp" wrote in message
[...]

IMHO: Some background knowledge is always helpful. The newsgroup also
serves to broadcast discussions the content of which can be helpful to
others at another time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to pp, Jamie Downham wrote:
Im also getting an E125 from this unstable beast of a boiler...

When I run the hot tap, the temperature rockets to 99, the pressure needle
leaps towards the red and then it cuts out and starts flicking the E125s until
it's reset.

Call in a pro, do you reckon? Ive bled the radiators and viewed every
home-made plumbing video going. Thanks.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/aj

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/2017 13:14, Jamie Downham wrote:
replying to pp, Jamie Downham wrote:
Im also getting an E125 from this unstable beast of a boiler...

When I run the hot tap, the temperature rockets to 99, the pressure needle
leaps towards the red and then it cuts out and starts flicking the E125s
until
it's reset.

Have you checked the pressure in the expansion vessel?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/..._do_I_check.3F

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Jamie Downham, Bob wrote:
He probably hasn't got the boiler any more. The post to which you are replying
is over ten years old. Didn't you look at the date?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...25-373045-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Jamie Downham, Caroline wrote:
Having this issue too! I had bled because showing E125 and now no hot water
but heating! I am fed up with the Baxi boiler also was leaking and was told
boiler is heating up too quickly.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...25-373045-.htm

error code on Vokera boiler? [email protected] UK diy 1 September 23rd 06 02:35 PM
error code on a/c J.Lef Home Repair 2 June 25th 06 07:41 PM
PHILIPS chassis 3A error-code deckyfrombgd Electronics Repair 0 February 20th 06 01:21 AM
error code on oven Szeifried Home Repair 19 December 1st 05 11:33 PM
Hotpoint Error code help Kim UK diy 1 February 28th 05 07:06 PM