Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fish Finder (depth-sounder) display problem.

Hi all,
I have a Fish-Finder with a 4"
x 5" approx. LCD screen which has vertical stripes (no image) at
various points across it.I am not very familiar with this technology,
I know it has a (square waves?) drive and dedicated ic's for
display.the housing was gas filled (not anymore).Would these missing
bands be caused by bad contact 'tween the rubber connecting pads on
the screen / pcb interface? shame really as the instrument works fine
other than the display.
Thank you for reading this.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bg bg is offline

kontiki wrote in message
. com...
Hi all,
I have a Fish-Finder with a 4"
x 5" approx. LCD screen which has vertical stripes (no image) at
various points across it.I am not very familiar with this technology,
I know it has a (square waves?) drive and dedicated ic's for
display.the housing was gas filled (not anymore).Would these missing
bands be caused by bad contact 'tween the rubber connecting pads on
the screen / pcb interface? shame really as the instrument works fine
other than the display.
Thank you for reading this.

Very possible

It's called a zebra connector

Try cleaning the zebra and display contacts with alcohal. Do not handle the
contact areas, they must remain clean.
bg

Dishwasher Depth Problem Ed_Zep UK diy 1 October 25th 06 07:29 PM
depth sounder transducer cable repair freddyuk Electronics Repair 1 July 18th 06 04:03 AM
Help with Display problem BoborAnn Electronics Repair 5 September 7th 05 09:29 AM
supporting a new tile floor- plywood depth, backer board depth? K Ruck Home Repair 7 July 3rd 05 08:16 PM
Problem with PC-7518 depth adjust lock Swingman Woodworking 3 August 9th 03 02:12 AM