Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Odd RCA 32" fault.

Model # F32665, Chassis # CTC 203CH3, at turn on, high voltage comes
right up, & the set shuts right down again, & sometimes tries to start
2, or 3 times, or will continue to start, & shut right down again.
After much troubleshooting, I found the F2 PIP board (audio/video
module) to be the problem. Unplug it, & the set works, but of course
just with a blank raster, & won't switch from tuner to audio/video.
The part is NLA at my usual suppliers, & will try to rebuild it. Has
anyone seen this fault? I have seen it twice in the last year or so.
Thanks for your input,
Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

PTS may have the board.It sounds like a an AC short/leak or open
filter cap My suggestion is to signal trace from
the point the signal enters to the point it disappears. I vaguely
recall bypassing the PIP board.,but I don't
remember the particulars you might try a search for how to bypass the
PIP or other words to that effect

A Little Bit of Everything..
http://www.whaatsoever.com

On Feb 7, 4:40 pm, "Dani" wrote:
Model # F32665, Chassis # CTC 203CH3, at turn on, high voltage comes
right up, & the set shuts right down again, & sometimes tries to start
2, or 3 times, or will continue to start, & shut right down again.
After much troubleshooting, I found the F2 PIP board (audio/video
module) to be the problem. Unplug it, & the set works, but of course
just with a blank raster, & won't switch from tuner to audio/video.
The part is NLA at my usual suppliers, & will try to rebuild it. Has
anyone seen this fault? I have seen it twice in the last year or so.
Thanks for your input,
Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in news:1170884446.870264.216380
@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Model # F32665, Chassis # CTC 203CH3, at turn on, high voltage comes
right up, & the set shuts right down again, & sometimes tries to start
2, or 3 times, or will continue to start, & shut right down again.
After much troubleshooting, I found the F2 PIP board (audio/video
module) to be the problem. Unplug it, & the set works, but of course
just with a blank raster, & won't switch from tuner to audio/video.
The part is NLA at my usual suppliers, & will try to rebuild it. Has
anyone seen this fault? I have seen it twice in the last year or so.
Thanks for your input,
Dani.

Have the same problem same tv
You find out anything let me know or vice-versa
thanks
larry