Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Transformer for JBL S120PII ELY 0217 042-014107-001

I believe the transformer in my subwoofer amp is shot, because 2 of
the three outputs are readin infinity ohms and the amp will not power
on. There does not seem to be any burnt connections on the board.

The transformer has the numbers '042-014107-001' and 'ELY 0217'
written on the top of the transformer but nothing else.

I have the service manual but I can not determine what voltage
transformer I would need to replace this one. It has two wires for
inputs + and - and three wires for outputs (two red wires and one
white)

I guess I am asking two things:

1. Any tests I can do to make sure that the transformer is the
problem and broken?

2. Where can i find a replacement transformer?

Carmen

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I believe the transformer in my subwoofer amp is shot, because 2 of
the three outputs are readin infinity ohms and the amp will not power
on. There does not seem to be any burnt connections on the board.

The transformer has the numbers '042-014107-001' and 'ELY 0217'
written on the top of the transformer but nothing else.

I have the service manual but I can not determine what voltage
transformer I would need to replace this one. It has two wires for
inputs + and - and three wires for outputs (two red wires and one
white)

I'll just say that open transformers are not a usual fault. Of course, as
Murphy said ... anything that can go wrong will.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I'll just say that open transformers are not a usual fault. Of course, as
Murphy said ... anything that can go wrong will.

I tested the transformer again. I think it may be OK. The ohms
between the primary inputs are 1.2 ohms. The resistance between three
outputs are .01, .05, and .05.

There is no reading between the primaries and the outputs. What would
my next step be in checking the board if these readings are correct?

Check the capacitors or is is usualy something else?

thanks again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

I'll just say that open transformers are not a usual fault. Of course,
as
Murphy said ... anything that can go wrong will.

I tested the transformer again. I think it may be OK. The ohms
between the primary inputs are 1.2 ohms. The resistance between three
outputs are .01, .05, and .05.

There is no reading between the primaries and the outputs. What would
my next step be in checking the board if these readings are correct?

The primary is isolated from the secondaries ... so you are good to go.

Check the capacitors or is is usualy something else?

Check the diodes and the filter capacitors.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 2, 4:43 pm, wrote:
I believe the transformer in my subwoofer amp is shot, because 2 of
the three outputs are readin infinity ohms and the amp will not power
on. There does not seem to be any burnt connections on the board.

The transformer has the numbers '042-014107-001' and 'ELY 0217'
written on the top of the transformer but nothing else.

I have the service manual but I can not determine what voltage
transformer I would need to replace this one. It has two wires for

Look up a company called, "Soundcraft". You can also contact JBL
directly. Either one of these companies will tell you who their
distributor is. They may not sell the part individualy. You may have
to buy a complete assembly with the associated circuit boards, or
other parts. This part has no generic replacement.

Jerry G.